PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

UPDATE: Manchester City have been informed that the verdict of the investigation into their 115 charges, which is being overseen by an Independent Panel led by Murray Rosen KC has been put on hold because nobody can decide whether it should be called "soccer" or "football".

Either start a new thread about it or shut the fuck up.

No we call it Football in Oz but then stubbornly so do all the codes still refer to their sports as football, league, union & AFL. If theirs any confusion I’ll call it the “world game” rather than soccer ;)

View attachment 125941
WA is football to anyone playing it, except the kids version which is soccerised. I call it footy if it’s me playing or soccer if the lads playing at u14’s. Rugger is footy to the eastern boys and AFL is just..well..GayFL

Apologies, I was too subtle and I think you misunderstood as a result, my point was more about listing a football business in New York.....I assumed there was the potential for investor confusion as football in America isn't soccer.

Anyway, no worries.
My apologies if I got hold of the wrong end of the stick.

I hope the 0.01% of football fans who didn't know that, will overlook your patronising tone and just be grateful for the new information.

For the last century or so, it's been de rigeur over here to regard anyone who uses the word 'soccer' as a complete arsehole. Right?
Thanks for the constructive, non-patronizing response. Always good to hear from the self-selected spokesperson for the 99.9%, especially when they are so forthcoming with the explanation of who is, and is not, a complete arsehole.

Again, my thanks for clearing everything up.

Maybe in Didsbury when the tennis courts were full and you had to play the round ball game.

In Gorton it was always football and always will be.

The word soccer only still exists for our American cousins. I write software for the virtual gaming market, our American products are relabelled 'soccer' but for the rest of the world it's football.

Just checked on the OS, still says Manchester City Football Club.
Is it just Gorton you speak for, or all of the footballing world? I’m confused.

Always is a very long time.

As for the assertion that soccer is a word that only exists for Americans, I fear you may be stepping outside your expertise and anointed position as the spokesperson for the 99.9%, especially given the numerous examples provided…by others.

By the way, are you a paid spokesperson for the world of football, or just a virtual spokesperson?

This is all so confusing considering the person who made the original comment apologized and I, in turn, did likewise for suggesting they were saying something they weren’t trying to say.

Now, where were we…Football for the 99.9% and Soccer for the Americans?

And, my apologies if this is all a little pissy. Woke up for a pee in a foreign city, hit my phone to check the time, saw it was the middle of the night and I didn’t seem ready to go back to sleep, so I thought a little read of BM might help. Not sure it’s working, so I might be a little cranky!

Is it just Gorton you speak for, or all of the footballing world? I’m confused.

Always is a very long time.

As for the assertion that soccer is a word that only exists for Americans, I fear you may be stepping outside your expertise and anointed position as the spokesperson for the 99.9%, especially given the numerous examples provided…by others.

By the way, are you a paid spokesperson for the world of football, or just a virtual spokesperson?

This is all so confusing considering the person who made the original comment apologized and I, in turn, did likewise for suggesting they were saying something they weren’t trying to say.

Now, where were we…Football for the 99.9% and Soccer for the Americans?

And, my apologies if this is all a little pissy. Woke up for a pee in a foreign city, hit my phone to check the time, saw it was the middle of the night and I didn’t seem ready to go back to sleep, so I thought a little read of BM might help. Not sure it’s working, so I might be a little cranky!

1000010641.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.