PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Maybe I'm way off on this one but could it be possible that we've been talking with the prem league for a while and we've admitted our guilt. Some sort of settlement has been agreed which would involve a huge fine and points deduction, but the hearing still has to take place anyway.
It's could be another reason as to why we aren't spending this summer.
What??
Guilty of what?
Fraud on an industrial scale?

Jesus wept some of the posts on here are absolutely hilarious.

Maybe I'm way off on this one but could it be possible that we've been talking with the prem league for a while and we've admitted our guilt. Some sort of settlement has been agreed which would involve a huge fine and points deduction, but the hearing still has to take place anyway.
It's could be another reason as to why we aren't spending this summer.
Lol

I agree with most of this. What we do know for certain is that Ziegler has had another briefing from someone. He has been told that our case against the PL on assisted parties has been partially successful and also told that the timetable for the ongoing PL "false accounting" case against us has been brought forward. I don't think City have briefed him so it can only really have come from the PL or another Club Director who is in the loop on the PL legal case. Previous experience suggest that Zeigler has had information from AFC and LFC. So it is likely someone in the PL leadership team has blabbed to someone at LFC or AFC. And someone lower down the foodchain at one of those clubs has briefed Ziegler. This is a another attempt to set the media narrative to damage City.
The Ziegler story and his Tweets are very nuanced. He has included a lot of content about Mancini and Toure which are the least serious allegations. My gut feeling is that the PL are trying to set the narrative rolling for a similar result to the UEFA FFP investigation ie City are cleared on the all the main charges but the Mancini and Toure stuff suggests we can't be trusted. So the narrative continues that "somehow we have got off because we just had the best lawyers" etc.

Not sure the tweets were to damage City. Having some successes in the APT case is wholesome praise the way the press has been going.

But yes, the shift of the narrative away from filing accounts that don't show a true and fair view (which absolutely is one of the allegations and is THE most serious) to Mancini (which should be time limited) and Toure (of which half should be time limited) is interesting. I read the actual article (linked for anyone who wants to read it) and the paragraph about the allegations has nine words about accounting and nearly 50 on Mancini and Toure. Almost as if the ground is being prepared for some non-disclosures to the PL and not the more serious stuff. It may mean something if you think Ziegler understands what he is writing about, but that is a stretch, imho.

Not sure the tweets were to damage City. Having some successes in the APT case is wholesome praise the way the press has been going.

But yes, the shift of the narrative away from filing accounts that don't show a true and fair view (which absolutely is one of the allegations and is THE most serious) to Mancini (which should be time limited) and Toure (of which half should be time limited) is interesting. I read the actual article (linked for anyone who wants to read it) and the paragraph about the allegations has nine words about accounting and nearly 50 on Mancini and Toure. Almost as if the ground is being prepared for some non-disclosures to the PL and not the more serious stuff. It may mean something if you think Ziegler understands what he is writing about, but that is a stretch, imho.

the thing is even if they were going to start pulling at that thread both mancini and toure have publicly stated that no one from pl has spoken to them and even if they did everything was above board and if i was citys qc the first question id ask was why didnt you speak to either of these 2 people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.