PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Maybe I'm way off on this one but could it be possible that we've been talking with the prem league for a while and we've admitted our guilt. Some sort of settlement has been agreed which would involve a huge fine and points deduction, but the hearing still has to take place anyway.
It's could be another reason as to why we aren't spending this summer.
You are way off. The PL wouldn't want the expense of a 10-week hearing if a settlement had been agreed. Second, the PL apparently offered City a settlement but we rebuffed their offer.

If it’s deemed legal the Premier League’s argument ends up on rocky ground with Mancini’s wages and player image rights. This then becomes a civil matter where the limitations act comes into play where they can only go back 6 years from the point of discovery.

It also begs the question- are we the only ones who’ve employed these payment arrangements. I’d wager we aren’t. That’s why this is a witch-hunt.

This. I suppose it is possible that the more serious allegations have taken a back seat for one reason or another and so the whole thing becomes easier / needs less preparation. Those allegations, based on what we think we know, are just crazy anyway.

But I think it is more likely that these idiot journalists were off the mark with a November hearing in the first place. You see what SB said about their announcement timing. Which makes me wonder how accurate this latest stuff is. Just a know-nothing journalist repeating what he was told without any critical thought, is my guess.

Interesting about the APT case, though. I choose to believe that because it ties into my likely outcome that the PL is perfectly entitled to set rules around transactions, but they can't discriminate against certain clubs' business models and certainly can't impose onerous requirements on those clubs that impair their commercial performance. So the rules will stay, but will be changed, I think.

I also doubt the PL are briefing Ziegler after their abject failure to keep stuff confidential in the APT case (which I am sure will have hurt them), at least not directly. So his information is probably coming from second-hand sources who want to spin things their way.
I agree with most of this. What we do know for certain is that Ziegler has had another briefing from someone. He has been told that our case against the PL on assisted parties has been partially successful and also told that the timetable for the ongoing PL "false accounting" case against us has been brought forward. I don't think City have briefed him so it can only really have come from the PL or another Club Director who is in the loop on the PL legal case. Previous experience suggests that Zeigler has had information from AFC and LFC. So it is likely someone in the PL leadership team has blabbed to someone at LFC or AFC. And someone lower down the foodchain at one of those clubs has briefed Ziegler. This is a another attempt to set the media narrative to damage City.
The Ziegler story and his Tweets are very nuanced. He has included a lot of content about Mancini and Toure which are the least serious allegations. My gut feeling is that the PL are trying to set the narrative rolling for a similar result to the UEFA FFP investigation ie "City are cleared on the all the main charges but the Mancini and Toure stuff suggests we can't be trusted." So the narrative continues that "somehow we have got off because we just had the best lawyers" etc.

Last edited:
Travelling into work this morning. Flicked Talksport on..
115 this 115 that..Relegation this relegation that.
Ziegler is a little cartel brown nosing wanker.

"Irrefutable Evidence"

Clearly a tactic by Ziegler to unsettle the club,team pre season..Utter wanker

Try travelling into work in silence…. Better for the blood pressure.

Schoolboy error in flicking on talk shite other than when they're doing a commentary on a live game

Your first mistake was turning that shite on
Yeah that stupid woman Shabhan Ahearn. Wetting her knickers at the prospect and also that eronious prck Stelling.
It has been and always will be a media smear campaign against our club. Even if we get found not guilty it will continue until we take a stance.
I trust Khaldoon 150%
Roll on Chelsea.

It also begs the question- are we the only ones who’ve employed these payment arrangements. I’d wager we aren’t. That’s why this is a witch-hunt.

The rags are doing something similar to avoid how much tax they pay which is why they are being investigated by HMRC. Uefa didn’t have a problem with this arrangement and it wouldn’t have been time barred at CAS, why are the Premier League trying to pull at the string? Smacks of desperation to make anything stick.

Travelling into work this morning. Flicked Talksport on..
115 this 115 that..Relegation this relegation that.
Ziegler is a little cartel brown nosing wanker.

"Irrefutable Evidence"

Clearly a tactic by Ziegler to unsettle the club,team pre season..Utter wanker
I think it is a tactic by the people who briefed Ziegler rather than Ziegler himself. He is the messenger boy.

Anyone who has ever tried to re-arrange a meeting, even a one-day meeting, with senior, in-demand professionals knows that re-arranging a case like this from 6 weeks November/January to 10 weeks September/December is almost impossible. That is two/three months of re-arranged diaries for how many professionals? 20 or 30? I can't see it myself.

Just don't believe anything you read in the press would be my advice. We will presumably hear somehow when it actually starts ....
Exactly ! The ‘date change’ is nonsense to make those think that City will be relegated excited.

The PL and arbitration panel dont set a date and everybody has to be there.

It’s a mutually agreed date when all the incredibly busy KCs and legal teams are available.

Agree when I look at the 'facts' and who the pl are accusing of fraud, I find it unbelievable that a tinpot Masters and the pl think City are fraudulent. City's board and sponsors are big fish on the world's seas !.
Why would they risk everything for little old City ?
its economies of scale mate, making any of these charges stick was never the aim, the aim was to sew the seeds of doubt in order to appease their red top friends, remember when the sheikh first came in their response was he'll get bored in a bit and go away - he didnt, then they said well you only win cos you spend loads of money - then everyone else spent loads of money and we kept on winning, then it was well if we are doing everything they are doing and they still keep winning then they must be cheating - we havent cheated but the red tops and their fans need to think we have because the idea that another team could not only beat them but annihilate them just by being better run, more innovative and smarter than them would destroy them to their very core so its fundamental to them that we must have cheated and that is what all this was about because whatever way it goes the red fans will be appeased if we lose then see they were right all along, when we win we will have only won cos we paid them off.

Its like Nicholas klein said First they ignore you. Then they ridicule you. And then they attack you and want to burn you. And then they build monuments to you,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.