PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

See above, essentially what your seeing is public opinion.

Its not mate .

If you have lost and won as much as I have done gambling you might get my point , hey ho no big deal but am telling you now if City go on odds on ( I don't think they will ) they could be a problem or to.

Its not mate .

If you have lost and won as much as I have done gambling you might get my point , hey ho no big deal but am telling you now if City go on odds on ( I don't think they will ) they could be a problem or to.
It is, lots of misinformed people out there will put money on relegation this season the bookies will cover themselves. Even if found guilty towards the end of this season the most likely outcome would be a point deduction for next season not this,they wouldn't want to invalidate all this seasons results.

Genuinely don’t care. Every logical thought points to no way they can prove anything, even if it happened. If the Premier League had evidence that City were basically behaving fraudulently then they would have to inform the Police and HMRC? This is the new bread and circuses as The Premier League is deemed by themselves to be uncompetitive.

I know @projectriver has already debunked the notion that clubs could sue us directly but I find it beyond laughable that these articles never cover the opposite outcome to us being found guilty and what action WE might take as a club if we're cleared. And City's official position about no wrongdoing and having irrefutable evidence of that always seems to be chucked in as an afterthought about 3 fucking paragraphs in!
I'd sue every single person involved in this farce about the charges that has said wrong or accused us.

From the shithead in the mail Herbert to the prick masters, I'd take every one of them to the cleaners and bankrupt them.

I get that, but if the verdict was no punisment for lack of evidence that would be interpreted very differently to No evidence of any wrong doing.It would allow inuendo to continue,mind you any verdict will do that too.
That tweet sounds like it was generated using AI, or it should be tried for crimes against the English language.

We can't be punished if the IC doesn't find that the PL's evidence is sufficient to show we breached the stated rules about accurate accounts, etc. There is a scenario that lies between that, and knowing material misstatement of our finances, where the IC finds that we did breach some rules (let's say those relating to the Mancini contract) but the amounts involved were immaterial in the overall scheme of things, that we'd acted in accordance with professional advice and that the rules were ambiguous or unclear.

It's possible, in that latter scenario, that we might get a slap on the wrist without any substantive punishment.

That's not a thing outside of Scotland, as far as I know.

I get your point though. A 'fudge' that clears us but leaves enough to speculation isn't helpful.

Unfortunately it is almost inevitable, and we still see the CAS verdict widely misrepresented, so I'd take being cleared in any way it comes.
We will always be called out on the charges even if cleared but I would still take that situation every time as to the alternative.

Getting to the top of football is fucking messy. The corruption and cheating amongst the teams is disgusting.

Some teams will never be treated equal no matter how much we try.

This skirmish is about the old guard throwing their weight around because we beat them on the pitch.

The disingenuous smear will linger… damage has been done but nothing we can’t come out of relatively ok.

I know @projectriver has already debunked the notion that clubs could sue us directly but I find it beyond laughable that these articles never cover the opposite outcome to us being found guilty and what action WE might take as a club if we're cleared. And City's official position about no wrongdoing and having irrefutable evidence of that always seems to be chucked in as an afterthought about 3 fucking paragraphs in!
Not as many clicks in that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.