PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

We will always be called out on the charges even if cleared but I would still take that situation every time as to the alternative.

Getting to the top of football is fucking messy. The corruption and cheating amongst the teams is disgusting.

Some teams will never be treated equal no matter how much we try.

This skirmish is about the old guard throwing their weight around because we beat them on the pitch.

The disingenuous smear will linger… damage has been done but nothing we can’t come out of relatively ok.
Couldn't agree more.
Let the "banter" merchants dredge up the charges as much as they like because their answer is ready-made. The reality will inevitably be that soon City will have faced CAS, APT hearings plus the 115 case and we will still be standing. Three different cases, yet City are still in a position to thrive. How many more do they want to prove it has all been a game of smoke and mirrors?
You are right though: the smears, as you say, will linger - but, I believe that over time, their importance will dwindle.

We shouldn't forget the Old Cartel have a proprietary sense of the Premier League. Not surprisingly so when we remember it was their blackmailing, arm-twisting, railroading and double-dealing that manifested the competition. The arrival of new money (Chelsea, ourselves, Newcastle inevitably) has already weakened their command of the narrative (not to mention the remuneration) and the seemingly ineluctable appointment of government oversight threatens to remove much of their considerable influence.

I say much of their influence because inevitably they will adapt and evolve. They are astute at playing political shenanigans so I wouldn't dismiss them as a force in the future. What I will say, is they will never wield the same degree of power again. Their frantic efforts at establishing the ESL, Project Big Picture, apparently ilegal PSR rules and the constant harassment of City (and others) might be offered as proof that they know how much power they will lose too. They'll still have a great deal of course but they are desperately fighting to remain untouchable.
The tide of change has already begun to lap around their ankles. City's emergence from these 115 charges will only expose them further.

(Edited because a combination of my fat fingers and ducking autocarrot made it almost illegible)

Last edited:
We will always be called out on the charges even if cleared but I would still take that situation every time as to the alternative.

Getting to the top of football is fucking messy. The corruption and cheating amongst the teams is disgusting.

Some teams will never be treated equal no matter how much we try.

This skirmish is about the old guard throwing their weight around because we beat them on the pitch.

The disingenuous smear will linger… damage has been done but nothing we can’t come out of relatively ok.
100%

I know @projectriver has already debunked the notion that clubs could sue us directly but I find it beyond laughable that these articles never cover the opposite outcome to us being found guilty and what action WE might take as a club if we're cleared. And City's official position about no wrongdoing and having irrefutable evidence of that always seems to be chucked in as an afterthought about 3 fucking paragraphs in!
Very likely nothing at all

I don’t hear any clamour from the rags, arse or dips as to the shit Chelsea got up to under Roman. Where is the headlines looking the titles back?

City is massive….

We are all everyone talks about.

Time we realised blues, we are the club dominating and that is pissing everyone off.

Drink it in -:)
Sky sports the other day reviewing the back pages with 2 journos, when talking about City, one of them described us as "arguably the biggest club in the world".
Now I'm not sure about that just yet, however it will infuriate the rags because their the self proclaimed biggest club in the world.

I don’t hear any clamour from the rags, arse or dips as to the shit Chelsea got up to under Roman. Where is the headlines looking the titles back?

City is massive….

We are all everyone talks about.

Time we realised blues, we are the club dominating and that is pissing everyone off.

Drink it in -:)
I was thinking the same about Chelsea. They basically admitted their guilt under Abramovic and frankly have taken the absolute piss with their various dodges under new owners. Yet barely an eyebrow raised (because they’re not winning things)

Correct and there just piling on while they can because when we are cleared they have done there job because every gullible fucker up and down the country already has us guilty and that will never change

Unfortunately this is the inevitable outcome of a clear and organised smear campaign against our Club.

Would wonder if City lost
They would force a lawsuit on the PL For loss of earnings, say if we ended in Div 2?

Masters has obviously been wheeled out for a tour to calm the hysterical masses. I doubt he has any more understanding of the financial nuances than any non-experts.
He goes around saying you have to implement the rules but doesn’t understand that the rules need to be fair and logical, which they are not. Presumably the redshirts wrote his script for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.