PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

One thing you don't need to speculate on is how many people were murdered at Heysel and by who. It's sometimes worth putting things into perspective, lar.
Strange that the very people who demanded justice after Hillsborough have already decided our guilt in the comments, and frightening to think some of these could actually have been on jury service. The very same people who attended a victory parade on the day of the Heysel anniversary.

Strange that the very people who demanded justice after Hillsborough have already decided our guilt in the comments, and frightening to think some of these could actually have been on jury service. The very same people who attended a victory parade on the day of the Heysel anniversary.

Justice in some parts of the U.K. is subjective by the looks of it and only determined by what team you support.

No legal expert, but my view is this: the PL has gathered more "evidence" in the form of emails, spreadsheets and the like that have extended the time period of the allegations from the limited UEFA investigation to the full ten years. The PL and the club both know the evidence to prove or disprove the most serious allegations is external. The PL wanted it (and they know it exists because it was provided, for the limited period, at CAS) and the club didn't want to provide it (or will claim they made their best efforts but the externals refused). So the PL could either drop the allegations without seeing the counter-evidence, or just go ahead and refer the allegations knowing that, probably, the club miraculously provides the necessary counter-evidence at the panel. Clearly, dropping everything without being satisfied by counter-evidence would set a terrible precedent. I don't think the PL had a real choice. Explains the non-compliance allegation too, btw.
Without the cooking the books, the EPL couldn't look at Mancini contract, which were the supposed revelations from der speigel post CAS

I think Stefan’s calm, somewhat cerebral, fact-based approach would just tie ‘Goldbridge’ up in knots. There’s no way he’d let himself be humiliated like that - Goldbridge is smart, making a good living out of spouting shite but I don’t think he’s the sharpest tool in the box.

Yes, Stefan would wipe the floor with him.

He’s a strange character pretending he got a cease and desist letter from City and also trying to get numerous ‘funny one liners’ in as genuine reactions when United concede.

Secretly knowing his viewing figures are better and probably happier.

That said I go to work Monday - Friday and he doesn’t have to.

So whether luck or judgement he has certainly done something right. I’d quite happily have his job.

Can you imagine the amount of column inches dedicated to the outrage if Liverpool had been charged by UEFA for something, banned from Europe for two years, and then had to go to an independent appeals process who reversed the decision, confirmed that they had not cooked the books but still fined them mega-ding for non-cooperation.

The outrage about bloody UEFA attacking a British institution would be off the scale. David Conn would be deep-diving into the evidence, Zeigler and Panja writing uninformed "its not fair" articles, UEFA officials buses bricked etc etc..

And what did we hear.... tumbleweed....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.