PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

People far more intelligent than me have consistently asserted on this Forum that without a smoking gun, or some damning evidence that none of us knew existed, than City will be exonerated of all the major charges.

However I've never seen that viewpoint articulated in the mainstream media so I remain convinced that a "Not Guilty" verdict will be greeted with disappointment, dismay, mass hysteria and a sense that we exploited a loophole.

Dan Roan definitely has a hardon this morning - getting very giddy and doesn’t seem to think the legal hurdles are much of an issue - he also predictively side steps the fact we were cleared by CAS of similar charges. Still wondering why he doesn’t seem to think United’s financial woes aren’t even remotely relevant.

Simply a lie. But whatever. If only there was a way to search posts or tweets to find confirmation that I said clubs couldn't appeal an IC... go for it

The discussions from over a year ago, that left so many posters claiming 'stefan said no appeals'. Because that is what you resolutely claimed. And were just as dismissive as you are now.

It is not worth my time tbh, I'll point out what has happened since and that's that.

I don't see how they could do that, although I can agree they will be using it to try to drum up fan support for a super league. And they will fail.

Because they will be confusing rabid fan rivalry with the passionate hate there is for a super league. Why? Because they don't understand football and football fans, imho.
The Govt will prevent a Super League breakaway.

I honestly don't care about the charges - it seems to me that lots of other clubs have been fined and it's almost become the norm. Forest, Everton, Leicester have been fined recently. Us, United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs for trying to form a super league were fined. Chelsea have been fined and had transfer bans. United had a fine for fair play breaches. Liverpool fined for breaking into our IT systems and tapping players up. Newcastle are tied up in knots with a wealthy owner yet having to sell players.

Someone, somewhere thinks this is a really good idea. However, last season we saw random points deductions overturned a couple of weeks later and those could easily have decided who went down. Should Everton have a 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10 point deduction? Who knows but if I was a ST there I would feel cheated that what I saw on the pitch wasn't reflected in the league table.

Football is magic. Take away the magic and it loses everything doesn't it. If we score 1 more goal than the opposition on the pitch I expect to see the league table reflect that. If it doesn't, I can't 'believe' in it anymore. If we are relegated or have titles took off us then it will kill football. I've not heard any United, or Liverpool fan say they want the PL titles that we won as, despite the banter, we all know the best team wins the league.

I suspect we've followed the letter of the law, not the spirit of the law. This doesn't make us guilty though, but it will be portrayed that way even if we are 110% exonerated. I cannot believe that our owners would be willing to break the law and find lots of other international companies and Directors who would be complicit in that. The PL have been happy to have clubs run as 'international companies' when it suits, but they don't seem happy to have international companies run football clubs as international companies. They caused this with the PL breakaway 30 years ago I'm afraid. Football clubs aren't businesses, they are cultural artifacts as important as any painting, cathedral or piece of music in this country.

Ultimately, the PL and FA may think they are being clever dishing out these fines but one day they will realise that the magic of the sport has gone.

Dan Roan is a 1st class ****, as shown when the helicopter with the Leicester City owner in it went down.

Roan if your reading this, what you were recorded saying that night proved you were a ****.
What was it Roan said after this tragedy? I don't seem to recall anything.

The discussions from over a year ago, that left so many posters claiming 'stefan said no appeals'. Because that is what you resolutely claimed. And were just as dismissive as you are now.

It is not worth my time tbh, I'll point out what has happened since and that's that.
Worth my time. Here is the post from 8 Feb (the day of charge I think) - crystal clear.

More detail here from 12 March:

Reiterated in July

Arbitration - no appeal except in limited circumstances
IC - PL appeal board
PL appeal board - only Rule X arbitration challenge
Rule X challenge - High Court very limited circumstances on admin matters.

That will suffice for now but feel free to search all of them if you want to keep making it up

If we'd paid everyone off we wouldn't have been charged

People far more intelligent than me have consistently asserted on this Forum that without a smoking gun, or some damning evidence that none of us knew existed, than City will be exonerated of all the major charges.

However I've never seen that viewpoint articulated in the mainstream media so I remain convinced that a "Not Guilty" verdict will be greeted with disappointment, dismay, mass hysteria and a sense that we exploited a loophole.
And that is the crux of all this at it's most basic level; for every one article (if there is even one) from a prominent UK media outlet saying City have nothing to worry about or will be exonerated, I could easily find you 200+ articles the other way.

At this stage, as we all know they are only charges/allegations and no one knows more or less than anyone else.

But the use of one myopic, fixated narrative by major media outlets online/TV/papers has lead the masses to assume guilt.

Worth my time. Here is the post from 8 Feb (the day of charge I think) - crystal clear.

More detail here from 12 March:

Arbitration - no appeal except in limited circumstances
IC - PL appeal board
PL appeal board - only Rule X arbitration challenge
Rule X challenge - High Court very limited circumstances on admin matters.

That will suffice for now but feel free to search all of them if you want to keep making it up

Fair enough, and glad you found that.

If I find the time, will search for the ones I am thinking of, and if indeed I took it wrong, fully on me then.

The fact that so many others have taken it the same way, and 'stefan said no appeals' is now a thing, I'd suggest is more than me getting the wrong end of it. But if that's all it is, then my apologies.

And that is the crux of all this at it's most basic level; for every one article (if there is even one) from a prominent UK media outlet saying City have nothing to worry about or will be exonerated, I could easily find you 200+ articles the other way.

At this stage, as we all know they are only charges/allegations and no one knows more or less than anyone else.

But the use of one myopic, fixated narrative by major media outlets online/TV/papers has lead the masses to assume guilt.
Vaguely reminiscent of the build up to the 50th anniversary of Munich and then the sense of anti climax when the City fans didn't do anything wrong.

Fair enough, and glad you found that.

If I find the time, will search for the ones I am thinking of, and if indeed I took it wrong, fully on me then.

The fact that so many others have taken it the same way, and 'stefan said no appeals' is now a thing, I'd suggest is more than me getting the wrong end of it. But if that's all it is, then my apologies.
Cheers. It will be no appeals to the outside courts - there was a lot of nonsense spoken about that. It is almost impossible to get to the High Court for the substantive assessment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.