PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Who wants to bet that united clear the PSR figure by about 50p and had the ahhhem covid allowance been a couple of million less they would have been in deep shit. What a coincidence that amount plus scruffy Jims scandalously large purchase allowance was just enough to clear the bar eh? Almost like the whole thing was cooked up to allow them a free pass despite being run like a drunken whorehouse.
I wonder if Everton want to be kept informed of that?

It’s not just the “redshirts” as you call them, is it? It’s pretty much the whole football world. These people know what is at stake here. I’m not saying that they will find us guilty on all counts for no reason but I’m saying that they may well feel they have to punish us for something or the whole thing has been a waste of time and money.

The PL may be thinking that, but I doubt very much the retired judges and KCs on the panel will concern themselves either with what the "whole football world" (even if it were true and not hyperbolic) wants or with the amount of money spent by the PL.

I know these are emotional times, but it's not like you to be so prone to conspiracy, DD.

Of course, it is very possible some of the less serious allegations may be proven, but it will be on the basis of evidence and legalities, not outside pressure.

All imho, of course.

Last edited:
fixture strike would be the best option from teams such as city,forest, everton,newcastle and im sure there are others,it would soon congest the PL to a point where it cant continue for the season 'the longer it goes on the worse it gets' but things need to change immediately because this favouritism cant continue
I'm not sure it would. If one team refused to play for whatever reason then I think the league will open a disciplinary case, award the game to their opponents with a fixed scoreline and discipline said club with a huge fine and / or (suspended) points deduction

It’s not just the “redshirts” as you call them, is it? It’s pretty much the whole football world. These people know what is at stake here. I’m not saying that they will find us guilty on all counts for no reason but I’m saying that they may well feel they have to punish us for something or the whole thing has been a waste of time and money.

I think we can assume that senior lawyers presiding on an arbitral tribunal won't be susceptible to that kind of pressure.

In fact, if they think that the PL have made allegations that amount to fraud, and those allegations are not made out, I expect they will make that quite plain in the judgment. As did CAS (although CAS did note that the leaked emails constituted a valid basis for investigation - which seems unarguably correct).

The panel members have had no involvement in the investigation or the decision to charge.

Non cooperation however is clearly in play. I suspect the club is quite likely to face some sanction for that, irrespective of the outcome on the substantive.

So Tebas has been talking to PL clubs and has found that many of them “want City to be punished.”

Do any of these thickos stop for one second to wonder why the head of an entirely different league, in an entirely different part of Europe, would want to talk to them about such a matter? Do any of them stop to notice that that league contains two clubs that have maintained a hegemonic position over a period, now, of decades? Decades. And that one of those two clubs maintains the same hegemonic position over Europe's premier competition?
Do any of these thickos consider, for one second, the possibility that they are being manipulated to aid and abet a status quo that they will never, ever break into. And that one club (and arguably Chelsea) has emerged in the last forty years to break into that status quo, and that the establishment clubs (Liverpool, United, maybe Arsenal in England, you know who the rest are in Europe) truly hate it?
Which masters do they really think they're serving?

So Tebas has been talking to PL clubs and has found that many of them “want City to be punished.”

Do any of these thickos stop for one second to wonder why the head of an entirely different league, in an entirely different part of Europe, would want to talk to them about such a matter? Do any of them stop to notice that that league contains two clubs that have maintained a hegemonic position over a period, now, of decades? Decades. And that one of those two clubs maintains the same hegemonic position over Europe's premier competition?
Do any of these thickos consider, for one second, the possibility that they are being manipulated to aid and abet a status quo that they will never, ever break into. And that one club (and arguably Chelsea) has emerged in the last forty years to break into that status quo, and that the establishment clubs (Liverpool, United, maybe Arsenal in England, you know who the rest are in Europe) truly hate it?
Which masters do they really think they're serving?
Not to mention supporting a racist anti- Muslim twat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.