PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

As
Replying to myself here, which is a bit weird, but if I was Rosen I would be appointing panel members without any affiliation to any premier league club whether they have a direct or indirect interest in this case or not. Hell, any panel member who has an interest in football at all. When it comes to the verdict, City's lawyers would be on the merest suggestion of bias in the reasoning quicker than a rat up a drainpipe. I have no doubt he will be appointing the best qualified, most independent people on this of all cases. After all, the primary arguments are entirely legal, nothing to do with football at all.

What do we think?

Are you asking the forum or yourself ;)

One thing that does seem to have received less focus is the timing of these charges. With amazing coincidence the PL charged City just 24 hours before the then government released a white paper on football governance reform. If that’s not indicative of a politically motivated legal action then I don’t know what is. I’m sure City’s counsel will be making much of this at the hearing.

So Tebas has been talking to PL clubs and has found that many of them “want City to be punished.”

Do any of these thickos stop for one second to wonder why the head of an entirely different league, in an entirely different part of Europe, would want to talk to them about such a matter? Do any of them stop to notice that that league contains two clubs that have maintained a hegemonic position over a period, now, of decades? Decades. And that one of those two clubs maintains the same hegemonic position over Europe's premier competition?
Do any of these thickos consider, for one second, the possibility that they are being manipulated to aid and abet a status quo that they will never, ever break into. And that one club (and arguably Chelsea) has emerged in the last forty years to break into that status quo, and that the establishment clubs (Liverpool, United, maybe Arsenal in England, you know who the rest are in Europe) truly hate it?
Which masters do they really think they're serving?
Of course they want us punished

It's their only chance of winning

Of course they want us punished

It's their only chance of winning

It's the argument of the legally illiterate. They can want all they like, it's irrelevant. The PL has to prove it.

It's on the same level as: they must be guilty, there are 115 charges, or they must be guilty, there is no other explanation for the emails.

The fact that you have supposedly intelligent people making observations like this is a damning indictment of the intelligence level in the country.

Can Pannick call Masters?

I realise it will be about defending the charges but if we have irrefutable evidence are we able to question the motives around this whole shit show.

Can Pannick call Masters?

I realise it will be about defending the charges but if we have irrefutable evidence are we able to question the motives around this whole shit show.
I did hear that Masters was cross examined in the APT case and that it went well.

But I wouldn't think the timing of the charges will be an issue here. The point doesn't go anywhere. Either the matters are proved or they aren't

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.