PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

That’s why traditional media & papers are dying & fan media is taking over, we have options now and can filter out the bias and gaslighting of the “City correspondent” types

There’s a reason the establishment was outraged at the thought of Sheik Mansour owning the telegraph. I wish you were right but I think we overplay the death of the media & papers.

Replying to myself here, which is a bit weird, but if I was Rosen I would be appointing panel members without any affiliation to any premier league club whether they have a direct or indirect interest in this case or not. Hell, any panel member who has an interest in football at all. When it comes to the verdict, City's lawyers would be on the merest suggestion of bias in the reasoning quicker than a rat up a drainpipe. I have no doubt he will be appointing the best qualified, most independent people on this of all cases. After all, the primary arguments are entirely legal, nothing to do with football at all.

What do we think?
Personally I think the PL want this dragging out as long as possible. It damages the City brand at this crucial time whilst Pep is ruining the PL. So I am half expecting them to find a further road to lead this down.

So any action, including bringing in biased judgement, is what they would do.

But I see everything through a political lens rather than actual legalalities. Or legalities.

There’s a reason the establishment was outraged at the thought of Sheik Mansour owning the telegraph. I wish you were right but I think we overplay the death of the media & papers.
Yep.
If The Spectator- which let's face it, is no more than Tory wank mag - can sell for £100m, then there must be some life I'm the newspaper industry.

Yep.
If The Spectator- which let's face it, is no more than Tory wank mag - can sell for £100m, then there must be some life I'm the newspaper industry.

If the media went ballistic about the Rags losses & Covid allowances so would every other football fan. They don’t only allow but lead the corruption like a conductor.

Can we get to the inevitable 'not proved their case', 'privacy concerns not without merit but fine for non-cooperation' etc etc... Already bored.

Yep. That's my gut feel as well. Before it was the charges we were hammered for spending money. City fans have had to develop thick skins over the last few years. In the eyes of the media and rival fans we're guilty anyway, it just depends on what degree. We could be categorically cleared of every charge and they would argue it's because of our expensive lawyers. As if the Premier league can't afford anyone half decent with all the money those shysters collect year in and year out.

I'm completely numb to it all. Having previously got quite down about this hanging over our heads, I took a step back and now don't read any news reports about it and largely try and ignore the social media ramblings of ignorant rival fans.

As Khaldoon says, we aren't responsible for the failings of other clubs. City could be found guilty of every single charge and it wouldn't have disadvantaged united. They've outbid us for several players and been woefully mismanaged at every level. They're the Disney land of football and seemingly let Mickey Mouse have free run of the place. Easy to blame City over their own incompetence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.