PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Haven’t read every page on here for a while so sorry if already raised but just looked on BBC site who incidentally seem to be updating their cover story every day to keep it current
They have done a bit on who pays the costs after
If we are “found” guilty we pay their costs
But
If we are “cleared” then our costs are spread across every club in the PL this could completely screw over many of them another alienating tactic
If I had anything to do with it I’d cover our own costs and recoup through litigations against the PL The Rags Dippers Arse And Spuds plus major media outlets notably BBC Sky and BIEN (hairy hands) and impose sanctions on at least them entering the Etihad

I thought related party funding was allowed as long as deemed fair value?

So what exactly is the issue if the money was coming from Sheikh Mansour if the sponsorship was deemed fair value anyway?
Etihad aren’t a related party mate. At least, not in City’s eyes. I think UEFA tried to argue the toss on that way back when we entered into the settlement agreement with them in 2014 but they didn’t take it any further and both sides agreed to disagree.

Ironically, as you correctly point out, IF Mansour funded some of the Etihad deal out of his own pocket (I don’t for one minute believe he has) then it would’ve suited City to say Etihad are a related party because then it wouldn’t matter where the money came from.

I’ve always found it amusing that UEFA were quick to claim Etihad were a related party when it suited them (in the lead up to the 2014 settlement agreement) but quick to accept they weren’t when slapping us with a 2 year ban in 2020!

That would only be the start. A permanent stain rubber stamped on the club in the history books, lawsuits in excess of £200m, commercial partners withdrawing support, future players not wanting to damage their own brands, an owner who would not pass the stricter fit and proper persons test.

To be clear, this is a fight between life or footballing purgatory.

Which is why they can't win and we won't lose.
I agree with you to a certain extent, but it doesn’t seem to have been the case for Juventus. Within a few years it’s all just forgotten about.

The coverage by the MSM is unreal, although not surprising. Just watching morning tv and they interview Kieran Maguire and it’s just all about when we are found guilty what the punishments could be. Not mention ever of the chance we might be innocent…

They did this last time before CAS, the Sky reporter over the road from the South Stand that morning looked like someone had shagged his wife and ran over his dog when the announcement was aired. I expect more of the same again.

The coverage by the MSM is unreal, although not surprising. Just watching morning tv and they interview Kieran Maguire and it’s just all about when we are found guilty what the punishments could be. No mention ever of the chance we might be innocent…
I’ve not seen one article or heard one discussion relating to what could happen to the PL & the clubs who initiated thus whole witch hunt when were cleared - it’s unbelievable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.