PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

This is brilliant. I'm writing my next missive for KOTK so have been going through the rule books to see exactly what we've been charged with, and it's clear the Pl have fucked it up big time. For example, in 2011/12, they've charged us with a breach of Rule E11. That rule in the 2011/12 Pl Handbook says "Each club shall enter the FA Cup".

I've looked at a few others and it's a similar story. They've seemingly charged us against another rule which says that, except for televised games, all PL games will be played on Saturdays at 3pm.

It's an absolute fuck up.
It’s an embarrassing mistake but not sure it’s as bad as you’re making out.

Some intern has gotten the years that the rule book changed wrong. In 2012 the laws moved around so the old rule C became rule E

E11 in 2011/12 is entering the Fa cup and in 2012/13 onwards its submitting accounts and they’ve mislabelled it.

The 12/13 book even has a little column telling you what the old rule was - I bet they never realised how important that would be!

Not sure it will get us off, but I do think it will impact how the more diligent journalists like Kieran Maguire view the competency of the PL legal team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.