PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

You are and old softie.

I`m a vindictive ****, I want all our detractor ruined financially, money, assets every thing. I want them and their families left destitute, potless, penniless and without a roof over their heads.
Same here - I sincerely hope that ever since that first UEFA accusation we have been 'acquiring' filth on all our detractors... fire with fire.
When our name is cleared I'm envisaging a scene like the end of the Godfather - Mansour sat there whilst everyone gets their come uppance!

Same here - I sincerely hope that ever since that first UEFA accusation we have been 'acquiring' filth on all our detractors... fire with fire.
When our name is cleared I'm envisaging a scene like the end of the Godfather - Mansour sat there whilst everyone gets their come uppance!

We don't need to do that. The best way to hurt them is to continue winning the big prizes, making the most revenue and watching the US owners squirm when they have to plough more money into their football clubs just to finish 2nd.

When City win on the substantive allegations, Masters will be gone, a new CEO will be appointed without undue influence, the IR will come in and City will be well placed, imo.

Any attempt to reignite a super league will be shot down by fans again. The cartel clubs may want to try but they don't understand the football culture in the UK. They just see it as business.
I suspect that the woman from the PL (can't recall her name) who presented the trophy at the end of last season will replace Masters. Everyone at the club seemed to be making a point that they liked her and got on well.

They can only 'do something about city' if there is something to find.
The rest is just conjecture.

They could easily have stopped at any time and the mud would have still stuck.

I can well see us being found guilty on some of the charges and the punishment being spread over several years in order to cause the most damage to us.

Sure, we will appeal and the number of years reduced but I would simply be amazed if, after all these years of investigating, the legal team who are fronting this are happy to go into a wishy washy case and have their personal reputation damaged.

The flip side is that if we are found not guilty then the financial damages we would seek would be catastrophic to the Premier League.
UEFA spent years investigating us too and look how that ended for them at CAS. They also broke their own time-barring rules in order to find us guilty on some of the charges which is beyond desperation. And that’s despite them having a legal team.

Obviously, there’s no CAS this time but the IC is pretty much the equivalent of CAS in that it will be independent of the PL which should result in a fair hearing.

Is it a wishy washy case? On the face of it, I think it is. No doubt there were questions for us to answer but the evidence appears to be only circumstantial and if this was being heard in a proper court of law I reckon it would’ve been thrown out before it even got there. Of course, there could be a “smoking gun” that none of us aware of and City could’ve been lying to us all along about their innocence but I don’t buy that, not least because of Pep’s bullishness in recent press conferences. I don’t think he’d be saying those things if the club weren’t confident of their position.

Still really pains me that City got in bed with the Super League. We could have had such a huge win from a PR perspective by staying away from it and showing we care about the domestic game. A serious own goal that.

Having said that, perhaps the play was more through hope that joining the cartel would alleviate their opposition to us behind the scenes and prevent them from pushing for charges or unlawful rule changes that significantly harm us.

City aren't particularly bothered by what the media think as long as commercial partners are still writing cheques.
A part of me still thinks/hopes we went into it so we could then leave it and fuck the idea up.

We were the first to gtfo of it irrespective of the media pushing Chelsea as the first to come out.

What was the reason they were given more mitigation for COVID than other clubs?
That indeed is the big question. According to their apologists it hit their Sponsorship levels harder than any other club, it's not the "proper" COVID rules of 2020 - 2021 when every club lost money, it's later years whereby they claim they couldn't raise Sponsorship to the levels previously reached due to COVID.

It's quite simple they historically failed but have said it won't happen again.

No punishment like Forest and Everton, the former failed because they waited to sell Brennan Johnson to the Spuds at a date whereby they got a higher fee for the player but it meant they breached PSR by a couple of months, it was ridiculous really, they made a higher profit on a player but were criticised for waiting, if they had sold "on time" their profits would have been less but they were punished under profit rules, it's bizarre.

Seemingly any losses for the Rags are deemed ok because they'll make a profit in the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.