PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I didn't mean endgame for the club! I meant endgame for the charges consistently levelled against us which to date haven't really affected us. This feels different and it seems likely they will get us for something this time which will affect match going fans.
Sorry I misunderstood.

Personally however, I think NOTHING in these charges will stick.

The people running our club are super competent, and in the case of Khaldoon IMO probably a genius. I can believe we may have done some things which are a bit iffy. But I would be staggered if we did so in such a way that the PL could, one day, easily prosecute us for it. IMO It will either be above board or so well disguised as to be impossible to prove otherwise.

I don’t think we will accept any penalty whatsoever. We will go the whole hog and as far as we can take it if they try.
I think we would accept a large fine and a points deduction as long as it did not knock us out of a champions league place. I think a large points deduction or something more draconian would be faught tooth and nail.

Look at the end of the day the rag tops want us gone. Unfortunately for them we artn going away. Talking to mates of mine over here who support different teams they all agree what the fuck is all about.

Is this even still news? Come on City stick it up em!

Two cheeks of the same arse, I hope we can prove racist persecution/ prejudice and fine the fuck out of the Premier League and these scummy American owned clubs

HMRC are only concerned if there has been too little tax paid but that is unlikely. City’s tax losses are probably and genuinely large enough that HMRC wouldn’t be remotely concerned.
That's corporation tax, but some of the accusations have income tax implications.

When we next win the PL should the players collect their medals but give them straight to the kit man or someone and then collect the trophy ( just so we can’t get done for any breach etc ) but immediately put it down out of sight and then all fuck off on a lap of honour with an inflatable banana.

It's because laws and financial fraud are very different things to the Premier League's self created rules regarding participation in their competitions.
Looking at the charges we've been accused of the first one looks like it's regarding Mancini's time with us and the fact that he was employed by Al Jazira at the same time. As both clubs are owned by Sheikh Mansour the PL are probably saying that his pay for his Al Jazira work was actually a disguised payment for his work with City, therefore, when we told then Mancini was getting paid 'x' amount it was actually 'x + Al Jazira pay'. As long as the Al Jazira accounts show he was being paid by them and all the relevant tax or whatever was being paid then it is of absolutely zero interest to HMRC, the police or anyone else. It could however break the PL rules if they decide that it was a way of paying Mancini more than we declared, this then leads to the accusations of 'true and fair accounts' which in turn affects FFP figures. This is a PL issue rather than a fraud issue.
It will probably be the same with the player payments things, the PL will disagree with some of the figures there which breaks their reporting rules but as long as the money was reported correctly to the various countries involved then they don't care.
With the player salaries stuff it could be something as simple as Coka-Cola paid £1m to the image rights agency for an advert using NYCFC players to be put on the NY subway system. The image rights company said to them if you pay £1.1m we'll let you put De Bruyne's image on there too. This is all perfectly fine and legal and is one of the benefits of selling image rights as part of the CFG rather than as individual clubs, we can negotiate better deals for the clubs and the players involved. We then say that the payment to De Bruyne isn't part of his City wages as he was appearing in an advert for NYCFC rather than MCFC so it wasn't in the Premier League financial statement. They say that's a disguised payment as he plays for MCFC even though the work was to promote NYCFC, the PL says that breaks their rules, we say it didn't. Again, as long as all the money has been declared to the various tax officials of the countries involved it's not a legal problem but it could be a Premier League problem.
These are just examples BTW, I'm just guessing at what the actual issues are but I think it will be petty stuff like this that this whole thing is about. I just wanted to show how there's a huge difference between serious legal breaches and things the Premier League may be fussy about.

Good examples.

I haven’t seen the rules supposedly broken but I suspect with the question of whether disguised payments have been made could end up in court. l am interested to see how the EPL could for instance prove a payment by e.g Al Jaz to Mancini was not validly made for consultancy. Indeed how can they even legitimately know any such payment was made?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.