PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Here's a question. If the worst was to happen and we got relegated a division or two, which players would stay and which would go?

People will need to understand it’s not just about what the player wants. Most of our stars are brands. Many people, companies, businesses are involved with each of our players.
They also only have 1 career so be very interesting to see what happens.

To answer the question, I’d like to hope Kev and Gundo would stay as they are both of a certain age. Long time allegiances to the club and it would just cement their legacies if they stayed. Might mean more than money to them.

Foden would want too but he’d have to really give up a lot to stay.

Lewis also would probably stay.

John Stones I think could stay.

You’d have to accept Haaland, Bernardo, Rodri, Dias, Gvardiol, Kovacic, Ake, Akanji, Ederson, Grealish, Doku would all be off, each, for one reason or another.

Here's a question. If the worst was to happen and we got relegated a division or two, which players would stay and which would go?
They’d all go unless they were willing to play for free. Clubs outside the PL can’t afford £350m p/a in wages. The club would be literally kicking the likes of Haaland out the door.

There seems to be this narrative that we get relegated and then we get promoted and then within a couple of years we are back fighting for the title. It’s nonsense. Look at the rules that are in place now…look at Newcastle. If we go down, we are fucked.

Last edited:
They’d all go unless they were will to play for free. Clubs outside the PL can’t afford £350m p/a in wages. The club would be literally kicking the likes of Haaland out the door.

There seems to be this narrative that we get relegated and then we get promoted and then with a couple of years we are back fighting for the title. It’s nonsense. Look at the rules that are in place now…look at Newcastle. If we go down, we are fucked.
Loans?

They’d all go unless they were will to play for free. Clubs outside the PL can’t afford £350m p/a in wages. The club would be literally kicking the likes of Haaland out the door.

There seems to be this narrative that we get relegated and then we get promoted and then with a couple of years we are back fighting for the title. It’s nonsense. Look at the rules that are in place now…look at Newcastle. If we go down, we are fucked.
just offset the wages into another season like Barca did

Doesn't matter to me.
I'd just go back to supporting chelsea.

If it was two divisions, every single one of them would leave. Including the local lads who are city fans.

I would say so. They couldn't afford to waste a minimum of two years of their short footballing life in the lower divisions. Peps contract expires this year so he would be off too, no matter what he says. Also the club wouldn't be able to afford their wages.
I watched a podcast with Sam Allardyce and some ex Sunderland player. Natalie Pike was hosting it. Both thought we'd win the case but a good point was made about points deductions if we didn't. If it was a large points deduction spread over a number of years that would effectively rule us out of winning the title for however long it lasted. That's because recently the points difference between first and second has been very small. So even a minus five points deduction each season would probably be enough to ensure we couldn't win it.

These are all worse case scenarios of course. Let's hope our case is as strong as we've been told and we have nothing to worry about.

It's not as black and white as that. The club would still be generating vastly more money than any other club in any league it was in due to sponsorship and other income streams. It is highly unlikely Etihad would turns its back on the club. Yes you would need to sell many top players, but that money would be reinvested. You don't need Haaland if you're in a lower league, you just need players who are better than anyone else in that league. Obviously none of this will happen as the owners know they've already escaped such fantasy sanctions, hence why they've just expanding the stadium

I would say so. They couldn't afford to waste a minimum of two years of their short footballing life in the lower divisions. Peps contract expires this year so he would be off too, no matter what he says. Also the club wouldn't be able to afford their wages.
I watched a podcast with Sam Allardyce and some ex Sunderland player. Natalie Pike was hosting it. Both thought we'd win the case but a good point was made about points deductions if we didn't. If it was a large points deduction spread over a number of years that would effectively rule us out of winning the title for however long it lasted. That's because recently the points difference between first and second has been very small. So even a minus five points deduction each season would probably be enough to ensure we couldn't win it.

These are all worse case scenarios of course. Let's hope our case is as strong as we've been told and we have nothing to worry about.
Just have to keep winning the CL then!

This is why I no longer watch Talksport clips, even those including Stefan. I think that, for the quality of output he produces, Talksport is beneath him. Certainly not knocking him for going on there though.
I think it's a waste of time having Stefan on .They ask his opinion, then Jordan and Shouty constantly interupt and speak loudly over him offering their 'correct ' opinion .

I think it's a waste of time having Stefan on .They ask his opinion, then Jordan and Shouty constantly interupt and speak loudly over him offering their 'correct ' opinion .
It's better than him not being on. I can't think of another media voice that has scared the shit out of our rival fans. They rubbish everything he says but it has made them think of an alternative.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.