PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

So the incompetence of the Premier League is costing everyone .
I wonder what the protocol is for a vote of no confidence in Masters.

Presumably the threshold for it to carry is two thirds, but if any more than eight voted in favour his position has got to be untenable.

Think he’d be mortally wounded (assuming he isn’t already) if it was more than six.

Think Forest, Everton, Leicester, Newcastle and us would be nailed on.

Chelsea and Villa possibles.

Ipswich and Southampton unknown quantities.

Maybe Wolves because of all the VAR decisions last season, notwithstanding the evidence they gave against us.

Maybe one or two of the others if they could see which way the wind was blowing.

One thing that is coming out of the Associated Parties hearing is just how bad the Premier League are in acting in good faith to City. Dragging its heals over giving feedback to the club on what the outcome of their verdicts were on sponsors. Putting over reaching illegal legislation in place to stop City, what were their lawyers saying to them when they looked at the fine print of these new rules and they said they were legal. Or did the Premier League ignore the advice and follow through with implementing the rules?

This week has given me and hopefully you lot as well confidence that City’s legal team will take the Premier League apart when this reaches its conclusion. There needs to be some objective focus on how corrupt they have become as an organisation from the wider football world but I very much doubt it. If we thought the document released on Monday was an eye opener into how badly the Premier League is run is an eye opener, what we will get at the 115 charges hearing will be some essential reading to what Masters and his cronies have been up to.

Of all the hearings for City, Everton, Leicester and Forest only one has been found to be a straight forward case for the PL without any legal pushbacks. They must be regretting the day they voted in their PSR rules as it’s costing them a lot of money in lawyers to continually get shown up.
You are right. The APT documents paint a picture of total chaos at the PL. That includes the shambolic way they have interacted with us on the sponsorship deals. The way they have communicated with us and other clubs is chaotic with last minute panic-stricken emails about the Newcastle case and nonsensical disingenious press statements that show the PL is not even sure of the meaning of the Judges' ruling. It shows a totaly unprofessional and toxic management culture with multiple Club Directors spouting off the media at the drop of a hat. Masters has presided over a crisis of his own making. All this bodes well for the 115 hearing. It looks as if Masters really is as stupid as he looks and completely out of his depth.

You are right. The APT documents paint a picture of total chaos at the PL. That includes the shambolic way they have interacted with us on the sponsorship deals. The way they have communicated with us and other clubs is chaotic with last minute panic-stricken emails about the Newcastle case and nonsensical disingenious press statements that show the PL is not even sure of the meaning of the Judges' ruling. It shows a totaly unprofessional and toxic management culture with multiple Club Directors spouting off the media at the drop of a hat. Masters has presided over a crisis of his own making. All this bodes well for the 115 hearing. It looks as if Masters really is as stupid as he looks and completely out of his depth.
I think the **** is completely out of his depth. We all know why he was picked for the job, but that inevitably comes with a deficit of ability.

He might not make it that far if it could be proved that he has acted corruptly or in a conspiracy to defraud.

Big dollops of wishful thinking here obviously.
To be honest some of it has a whiff of corruption. How can any CEO have private discussions with one group of shareholders about the financial affairs of another member. The Newcastle email shows at the very least he had conversations with ten other clubs about taking action to prevent investment at Newcastle. Did he include Newcastle in the loop? Also what is in the "disgraceful" emails Tolmie has mentioned. How much of this activity has been illegal. The ATP report suggests that Masters ignored his own legal advice and ended up with rules which breached competition law. Apparently Arsenal (who had big shareholder interest free loans) were tasked with drafting rules which had a direct negative financial impact on Newcastle and City.. And those rules breached competition law because they exempted shareholder loans. So who is going to investigate what has been going on at the Premier League?

I’d say we all love City. I love City too much to let a shower of corrupt twats walk away Scot free from tarnishing our name. I want all the cunts destroyed in every way.

I’m not a turning the cheek kind of guy and id expect there are a lot like me who don’t want any quarter given to cunts who’ve tried to destroy us.

Burn them all !

To be honest some of it has a whiff of corruption. How can any CEO have private discussions with one group of shareholders about the financial affairs of another member. The Newcastle email shows at the very least he had conversations with ten other clubs about taking action to prevent investment at Newcastle. Did he include Newcastle in the loop? Also what is in the "disgraceful" emails Tolmie has mentioned. How much of this activity has been illegal. The ATP report suggests that Masters ignored his own legal advice and ended up with rules which breached competition law. Apparently Arsenal (who had big shareholder interest free loans) were tasked with drafting rules which had a direct negative financial impact on Newcastle and City.. And those rules breached competition law because they exempted shareholder loans. So who is going to investigate what has been going on at the Premier League?
god i wish Emirates would pull sponsorship money out of the financial dopers

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.