PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

@bridgeno1 do you agree with this statement?

Do I think the PL is incompetent?

No.

Incompetent is too polite. The PL is a narcissistic establishment where the lunatics are running the asylum. Its sole purpose is to make money at the physical cost of the players, but in particular at the monetary and emotional cost of you and me, the everyday fan who just wants a level playing field and would rather not have to pay absurd amounts of money to watch our team whilst simulateously being treated like something that fell out the back of a dog if the club decides a different demographic -read wealthy 'tourists' who pay massively over the odds from resellers (who get the tickets and share the margins with people at the club) can make them more money (and then we wonder why we have to bring in fake 'ultras' to create an atmosphere).

The PL employs staff who'd immediately be fired if they worked at a decent corporation for being unfit to do their job. Look at the Leicester situation as an example. How the heck has the PL screwed that up? It's absurd. Some other team may end up going down this season because the PL fucked up the one fucking job they had to do which was run the game correctly. And the lawsuits will follow, no doubt about that.

Regarding the current APT lawsuit City brought, and the ongoing 115 case, to be honest I don't trust any of it that we'll get to the actual 'truth'. It's because football clubs' prime reason to exist is to make money and the PL is the supposed kingpin that makes that happen. And in such a closed, unregulated environment the chances are it'll all be corrupt as fuck as nobody wants to stop the gravy train and backhanders. Just look at how corrupt FIFA, UEFA, the IOC etc have all proven to be. All unregulated fiefdoms. The PL is the same, of that I have no doubt.

Personally I'd fuck the PL off and create a new league. Let clubs spend whatever they want, the one caveat being a strict limit on the amount of debt you can be in. Like actual debt, not some made up FFP bollocks rules.

Long answer I know, but you did ask for my opinion so here it is!

To be honest some of it has a whiff of corruption. How can any CEO have private discussions with one group of shareholders about the financial affairs of another member. The Newcastle email shows at the very least he had conversations with ten other clubs about taking action to prevent investment at Newcastle. Did he include Newcastle in the loop? Also what is in the "disgraceful" emails Tolmie has mentioned. How much of this activity has been illegal. The ATP report suggests that Masters ignored his own legal advice and ended up with rules which breached competition law. Apparently Arsenal (who had big shareholder interest free loans) were tasked with drafting rules which had a direct negative financial impact on Newcastle and City.. And those rules breached competition law because they exempted shareholder loans. So who is going to investigate what has been going on at the Premier League?

Not sure about how much interest this fiasco will have attracted to the constabularly, but it certainly seems that a number of deceitful bordering upon unlawful/ corrupt acts have taken place within the PL.

And if it could be shown that Masters acted unlawfully whilst exercising his role as CEO , by deliberately restricting Newcastle's sponsorship deals, then would that not constitute a criminal act ?

Perhaps GDM could advise, but presumably even that duplicitous **** and the PL aren't that fucking stupid ?

Not sure about how much interest this fiasco will have attracted to the constabularly, but it certainly seems that a number of deceitful bordering upon unlawful/ corrupt acts have taken place within the PL.

And if it could be shown that Masters acted unlawfully whilst exercising his role as CEO , by deliberately restricting Newcastle's sponsorship deals, then would that not constitute a criminal act ?

Perhaps GDM could advise, but presumably even that duplicitous **** and the PL aren't that fucking stupid ?

I think it’s racketeering. (But wtf do I know)

Depends on the evidence. It would have to be overwhelming which I don’t expect it to be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.