PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Outside of the cartel clubs benefit from this something utterly stinks about the entire thing. It beggars belief the Premier League could release a statement that was so flawed in the first place. For a multi billion pound organisation that was a amateur move, and embarrassing. You could almost bet your bottom dollar our lawyers seized on that as soon as possible. It was a free hit for lawyers who are paid more in a week then I earn in 4 bloody years.

They clearly briefed the media before hand that Martin Ziegler had his piece and opinions out within a minute of the statement being released, plus the other buffoons piling on after the original statement release from Simon Jordan and the other shills.

The more I've read about it, and things that have happened since something is well and truly off. We all know the white report is due out, and the UK government's want for a regulator for the Premier League etc and certain clubs and the Premier League's desire to avoid that as it will even the playing field off field for everyone, something certain clubs don't want. Then all of a sudden there's Qatari interest in the Rags and posturing from them saying they'll do exactly as we have spending wise can't be a coincidence.

The hints and inside word from yourself and others which are greatly appreciated hint that we as a club know it as well. This feels like a fight that is a lot more then us vs the Premier League, there's a lot more at stake.

Of course I could be wrong but for me something stinks about the entire thing.
Don't ever doubt yourself for thinking all this stinks.
It stinks to high heaven.
It's the English Premier League remember

If City are briefing that this can go all the way, I doubt it comes from the PR team, it comes from the very top who, I imagine, have been communicating with Pannick these last few months. That's good enough for me.
I also don’t believe City would be so confident about clearing our name without having the chance to take the case to court. People can say City are always going to leak that they’re confident even if they weren’t, but the leaks so far from journalists close to City and from Tolmie have been almost as if they can’t wait for the outcome.

No - the parties agreed to the rules freely having taken advice (or least being able to).
Thanks for your time here Stefan, I’ve mentioned before about Mark Stephens comments re UEFA’s case, he actually addresses the above in the passage below :-

D8FAAA55-B59D-4B5D-9587-BF086738CB19.jpeg

Your comment seems to contradict his so I’m wondering what your seeing different to him here ?

It's a bit of an apple and orange situation but take a look at Real Madrid and how they have always been proactive with issues regarding the image of the club and their players. Just recently, Vinicius was racially insulted again and RM went to court to ask for punishments for the club and their fans and to also ask for more protection for Vinicius. They weren't trying to single out the good batch from the bad batch as we tend to when the barbaric dippers assault us for the 9999.99th time, rather they wanted a punishment that would teach every and anyone associated with Mallorca a lesson.

We need to understand that sometimes being quite doesn't necessarily translate to being the bigger man or taking the high road, sometimes silence could give the wrong impression and most of those clueless dumbfucks commenting on that article are either interested in seeing their club reap where they haven't sown by picking up our trophies and players, while the other half are just sheeps that have been easily manipulated by the media.

Either way, we need to start being proactive. As it stands now we aren't even reactive just fucking docile. How long are we going to walk on eggshells? Shit like this comes up and instead of putting up a defiant strong image, we fall back while some bullshit clause about "Pep walking away if the club has been dishonest" is being talked about.
That's funny coming from Real as from personal experience, most of Real fans I met are fucking nazis.

Undoubtedly, and maybe a slap on the wrist for the Mancini thing if it was just a technicality. Can't imagine the other issues will come to much, unless they have some damning evidence we don't know about, which I think is unlikely.

Then again we have no idea of the actual allegations apart from which rules were allegedly breached in which years. So it's difficult to say.

Yeah, I expect there to be some that are at least arguable - I seem to remember that some of City's moves early in FFP hadn't been tried before in English football (e.g. the image rights sale).

As you say, it changes if there's a clear breach somewhere.

The long list suggested to me that some of this was an attempt to get a clear assessment on whether some things were in fact breaches of the regs, or just an acceptable way around them or not covered. The PL can't decide that themselves as they aren't qualified, so they get some experts to investigate and produce an answer.

Paid the salary directly to Mancini, or loaned the money to AJ to pay Mancini?
The loan arrangement is probably more defensible. I have no idea what actually happened. However, those in the know at CFG feel confident they can defend this successfully. Let's hope they are right.

Can we appeal?, Can we not appeal? Blah, Blah, Blah!

The reality is that whatever that rule book says to one person, it does not necessarily mean the same to another. Remember, this is the organisation who couldn't even get the charges correctly listed for a heralded press release.

When it comes to points of law, I would put my money on our legal team, rather than defending the work of some office clerk at the Premier League, who, at the league's inception, probably just cut and pasted most of that rule book from a copy of her local weight-watchers group.

Remember too, City have been here and done it previously. The Premier League haven't and it's their arses that will be squeeking when we get to the business wnd of this process, not ours!
spot on lad

It’s never boring being a City fan is it? Just when you think you can relax or it’s getting a bit dull, they come up with the most over the top storylines you can possibly imagine. Not even joking, if this was a drama people would be complaining right now that the storylines were becoming too outrageous and unrealistic.

From relegations to league one, rivals winning the treble, last minute play off goals, back to back promotions, Thai ex prime ministers on the run and having their accounts frozen after taking over the club, to becoming ‘the richest club in the world’, to dethroning the rivals who mocked us so much, beating them 6-1 on their own pitch, coming back from 8 points behind with 5 games left, to scoring a 93:20 winning goal to beat the rivals to the title, to crazy court cases with UEFA and now the PL, with even the UK government potentially even becoming involved.

If you’ve seen City from the 80’s or 90’s and are old enough to remember all these times then I don’t believe there’s a football fan of any other club that has been close to what we’ve been through.

Maybe we wouldn’t have it any other way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.