PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Something nagging me. If the PL have used the latest handbook to list the alleged rule breaches, is there a chance that specific rules didn’t exist during the earlier years?

Is it possible that we have been charged with breaching rules pre ffp when those rules did not exist until after the introduction of ffp?
The rule breaches specifically mentioning FFP cover the period from 2013/14 to 2017/18 so FFP was in place all that period. To be clear, the PL is the body that licenses English clubs on behalf of UEFA. That means if our accounts were wrong, and were known to be misleading, we're almost certainly in default of FFP rules.

It's just a bit childish.

Plus, whoever you complain to is also going to support a football team, so you're essentially insulting them by proxy and saying they couldn't be impartial in a matter tangentially involving their club.

I doubt Lord Pannick is a seacon ticket holder. The 3 CAS judges would all have supported someone.

Sometimes I think some posters would refuse surgery if they found out their doctor was a United fan (or Liverpool, or Arsenal, or Chelsea or any of the hateful 8 or Barcelona, or Bayern etc).
If the lead KC was a City fan, I’d imagine there would be a lot of upset people.

They've charged us under certain rules but they've tried to specify the rules, as they were in the years the breaches were alleged. But they've got things mixed up in some cases. They've supposedly corrected that now, after the club pointed it out but it's very amateurish.
Are you still turning up in the Waldorf Saturday Colin?

The rule breaches specifically mention FFP cover the period from 2013/14 to 2017/18 so FFP was in place all that period. To be clear, the PL is the body that licenses English clubs on behalf of UEFA. That means if our accounts were wrong, and were known to be misleading, we're almost certainly in default of FFP rules.
Aren’t a lot of the charges repeats as well? You’ve broke our rules and, consequently, you’ve broken UEFA rules, FA rules and FL rules? So, if one is proven, they’re all proven and if one falls, they all fall?

Time to let this go and allow our legal team do what they do and have done before. Have City match fixed/bribed/doped players? No, so we have not won matches by cheating. It was 11 v 11 and we won a shit load of trophies because we were the best team on the grass and nothing will ever take that any from us nor my memories. This is more of the same around how we can spend our money. How will it now play out? 30 of the allegations are the same in so far as they relate to supporting the investigation. That's subjective and can be disputed and worst case is a fine as was the case with CAS. Not a hanging matter. 30+ relate to the same accusations we were accused of by UEFA around revenues/sponsorships over many years, that at appeal, it was deemed there was NO evidence of wrong doing, so unsure how this can then be over turned based on the same information. In any court, guilt is based on the Balance of Probability or Beyond Reasonable Doubt. Pannick and his mob will present arguments/justifications/explanations with in depth detail which will mean many of the alleged incidents can't be proven wit out reasonable doubt, as such will be set aside and not upheld. Do I think there may be some allegations we lose on, yes, do I think in addition to a fine for not assisting with the investigation we could get a points deduction, yes. As for being moved down the leagues, titles being stripped etc, great headlines & newspaper copy, but no serious commentator or legal expert thinks that is remotely likely. This was a political move and rushed out. City new it was coming, just not when, as such any idea they haven't been preparing a defence is none ense. They would have been preparing for this for years and would have sought counsel all the way through with regards % chance of winning and possible outcomes. Their bullish statement indicates that whilst this won't be pretty, they will come through it as was the case with CAS. Bloodied but not bowed. Out job as supporters is to do just that. Get behind the team, lift them and win the league to stick it right up their A Hole. Bring on Villa...

I know you keep saying it's irrelevant which team members on the panel support as these are ultra professional and the bias/club colours will be put to One side. Do you think if Murray Rosen was a City seasoncard holder the PL would of still chosen him for the panel.
It is not an independent panel if the PL are choosing who sits on it. It is an unbelievable situation in terms of national justice. I was previously opposed to the concept of an Independent Regulator but this whole pantomime has proved that the PL can't possibly regulate itself.
Just think about it. The PL is composed of 20 clubs and a significant group of those clubs (at last nine who have gone public) have supported a smear campaign against us for naked commercial reasons. The CEO (Richard Masters) was personally vetted for the job by Directors from two of the clubs (LFC and MUFC) and the new Chairperson of the Board (Alison Brittain) has stated she is a "lifelong MUFC supporter."
A decision which could literally destroy the fabric of our club leading to big job losses and a major impact on ongoing development of Manchester will now be taken by a panel of three people chosen by the PL itself. They have hit us with 101 charges dating back 14 years (just think about the sheer volume of evidence) and demanded we respond in 14 days. Even in a proven corrupt country like the UK this really is taking the piss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.