PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

They're out to stiff us regardless of guilt. Because the Premier League are judge, jury & executioner presiding over the case, they believe they're untouchable & whatever they decide, City will just have to suck it up.

It's like we're Blackadder, the PL are General Melchett & FFP is Speckled Jim! :-/

IF they find us guilty despite evidence we present that dispels that I would agree, but I don't think for one second the Premier League would be that utterly moronic to do so, do you honesty think they would destroy one of world sports greatest and most profitable leagues?

Because if they blatantly disregard our overwhelming evidence, we would hit them with one of the biggest law suits ever seen in sport, that's simply not going to happen.

Last edited:
Lobbying is essentially a form of corruption. I have direct experience of how it works at Government level. They can deny it as much as they want but the whole point of it is that people win influence with senior people so they can promote their own vested interests. Most of the legislation passed in the UK is a result of pressure from media or lobbyists and most of it is not really needed to improve the living standards of people.
Corruption is endemic in most corporate organisations. It ranges from nepotism, expenses fiddling, pilfering, all the way up to overt financial fraud. A lot of people choose not to see it. Football is the same as everywhere else.

Lobbying is corruption & simple examples is,

Lobbying uefa to change the purpose for FFP to protect your members & attack others causing anti competitiveness by threatening (blackmailing)

changing coefficients
Pushing for disciplinary by threatening
Leaking to the media

It's a power play by the Premier League, pressured in to keeping the investigation open despite the CAS verdict by the usual suspects.

The majority of the rest will come along for the ride, so long as it doesn't impact their own finances.

If taking out City is also part of the equation, then they are cool about that.

It's self-preservation. No difference to the mafia killing one of their own, despite attending weddings of family, they won't think twice.

The government will back off if the Premier League are seen to be so righteous as to kill the Champions of England.
Do we think perhaps the government are more likely to wary of this given the politics in play. By essentially labelling us and by extention the Sheikh 'cheats and frauds' their could be a knock on to UAE investments in the UK which the government will be wary of surely?

The charge on UEFA's FFP rules and the explanation given by the athletic had me thinking. Watch from the timestamp at 1:44 to 3:27.

If you have to follow and respect UEFA's rules because "you signed up to them", even when you are not in that competition "because you applied for that license in that year". Then Liverpool's 2014 FFP failings might be worth a revisit for City's legal team too. There will probably be some loophole but that would be absolutely delicious, if the PL then had to investigate them and charge them. Better still the £50m fake stadium write off, along with the hacking scandal, has them absolutely snookered. City win their case because the PL have no evidence, Liverpool lose theirs. :) Dreams.

Last edited:
We can't do now it's gone to far,got to smash the cartel to bits and and take no shit,otherwise it will just carry on,id rather us get relegated than accept any settlement from the bastards...
I Don't think for one minute that Sheikh Mansour will take this lying down. I think he will throw everything at them and I wouldn't like to be in their boots. I'm sure they will regret ever starting this war!

IF they find us guilty despite evidence we present that dispels that I would agree, but I don't think for one second the Premier League would be that utterly moronic to do so, do you honesty think they would destroy one of world sports greatest and most profitable leagues?
UEFA/G14 found us guilty, CAS disagreed apart from the accusation of City not cooperating to which we admitted & explained why... \0/

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.