PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

This is brilliant. I'm writing my next missive for KOTK so have been going through the rule books to see exactly what we've been charged with, and it's clear the PL have fucked it up big time. For example, in 2011/12, they've charged us with a breach of Rule E11. That rule in the 2011/12 Pl Handbook says "Each club shall enter the FA Cup".

I've looked at a few others and it's a similar story. They've seemingly charged us against another rule which says that, except for televised games, all PL games will be played on Saturdays at 3pm.

It's an absolute fuck up.
Thank you Colin for brightening my day.

As usual its the fans that will suffer if things don't work out

Players and coaches can move on, owners and shareholders can sell up.... But it's the fans who 100% have done absolutely nothing wrong and who are far more emotionally invested than those mentioned that will have to live with the consequences
Nonsense, we just all go back to supporting Chelsea.

It boils down to one big claim really. That at least 9 years of Manchester City Football Club accounts are not true and fair (and were knowingly provided to the PL in bad faith). Everything else is noise. I've always thought it would take a long time. Nick di Marco KC says 4 years. Good enough for me
Would this mean that the pl are saying our accountants who audited the returns must have been complicit?

They've charged us under certain rules but they've tried to specify the rules, as they were in the years the breaches were alleged. But they've got things mixed up in some cases. They've supposedly corrected that now, after the club pointed it out but it's very amateurish.
The FA Cup charge was still there at 930 this morning as I checked your working out :) it's fixed now. I wonder what is on the official charge sheet though

I would love this, but in reality it just won't happen.
I hate to say it, but I will take getting out of this in the same division and solvent.
I fear the fuckers have got us. Whatever the outcome I will still be there cheering us on.
I firmly believe we will hit the PL as hard as we can and to show them we aint cheats and enough is enough.

Aren’t a lot of the charges repeats as well? You’ve broke our rules and, consequently, you’ve broken UEFA rules, FA rules and FL rules? So, if one is proven, they’re all proven and if one falls, they all fall?
Largely, yes. There's 49 charges to do with accurate financial information over 9 years, and another 31 to do with PL & FFP rules. So if the 49 fail, the other 31 probably do as well. The other 30 (yes, I've counted them) relate to non-cooperation and failing to act in utmost good faith over 5 years.

As someone said on Twitter, "100 Premier League charges, you'll never sing that".

Qatar now interested in buying the rags. How convenient. It just gets smellier and smellier.
Was thinking that.

Independent regulator more likely to stop Qatar buying the red shite so PL charges us, trying to show no need for regulation.

The day the government report was due.

Remind me, who was the one club in favour?

Stinks to high heaven.

The charge on UEFA's FFP rules and the explanation given by the athletic had me thinking.

If you have follow and respect UEFA's rules because "you signed up to them", even when you are not in that competition. Then Liverpool's 2014 FFP failings might be worth a revisit for City's legal team too. There will probably be some loophole but that would be absolutely delicious, if the PL then had to investigate them and charge them. Better still the £50m fake stadium write off absolutely has them snookered. City win their case because the PL have no evidence, Liverpool lose theirs.

Let's just clear our issues before we worry about the dippers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.