PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Der Spiegel's reputation has be spiralling downwards for some time. Their political reporting is no better. A few weeks ago they had to retract a story about a refugee girl being killed on the Greek/Turkish border. It wasn't just a claim, there was a full manufactured 'facts' story. It's not the first time a reporter has felt under pressure to make shit up.
That's all well and good and DS reporting is the lowest of the low. But it's the documents that will be looked at and the Mancini docs are comprehensive:

FWIW these can't be a big problem because the numbers are so small in the context of the big picture.

You’re not going to find many experienced sports lawyers who aren’t fans of the biggest sport in the country.
Its a fair question. Whilst on jury service I wasn't able to sit becasuse I was a customer of NatWest and the case involved an arm robbery from a related branch.

The monetary value of the damages this could inflict are huge so every option should be explored to ensure impartiality, not even an unconsious bias should considered.

As most of the serious charges are financial, I'm sure they could find an impartial group of experts to judge.

I still like the idea of the inflatable banana to be honest.

tMR8KKUH_400x400.jpg

Last edited:
Must admit, now that the overwhelming consensus seems to be that the worst case scenario is a point deduction not severe enough to make relegation likely, I can’t say I’m too worried about this.
They are guessing, do you really think these cunts would give us a small points deduction if they found us guilty of some of the more serious offences? I'm telling you they would hit us as hard as they could, and we will be left appealing against the severity of the sanctions in court. Don't let these scheming, morally bereft cunts lure you into a false sense of security. We need to sleep with one eye open.

In answer to your question…. Yes! The moment they found illegal activities such as tax fraud, they by law have to notify the police/HMRC. At which point raids would have taken place at homes, offices etc and anything they could carry confiscated. The fact that’s not happened suggests they are going off guesses rather than facts. I genuinely think the plan here is to tarnish us for good, so no matter what we prove doubt will always remain. The problem for them is that’s already the case so..
Thanks for that. Having had a chance to trawl through a selection of the six thousand odd posts I realise that I need to follow up a few links.Apart from the contributions of the few who understand finance or the law the overall impression is of almost overwhelming anger - not surprising either: the stuff on some of the media sites takes the breath away - guilty till proven innocent, "no smoke without fire", the harshest punishments demanded, and all this just on the strength of the charge sheet .. I had no idea..obviously I need to get out more. That said, I'm still not much wiser about the substance of the claims against City. Probably best to start with the EPL website to see what the tidily one hundred offences are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.