PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I’m not one to usually post on forums, in fact this is actually the first time, but with everything that has transpired over the past few days coupled with the flagrant arrogance of football ‘fans’ i’ve felt compelled to respond.

I won’t go down the road of emphasising the misery it brought me at school, although relevant it’s hardly exclusive, but what I will focus on are the sheer levels of hypocrisy that are emerging, hypocrisy that we all knew existed but couldn’t truly demonstrate because one club was state owned (originally) and another was bankrolled by a horrendous group of incestuous yank capitalists.

During the past decade Manchester City have produced the best football ever witnessed, scored the most goals and essentially made a mockery of an English pyramid headed by two teams in Red, both dominant in respective decades due to the majority of investment and all the perks that it brings - better players, trophies, more fans - similar to ourselves although we still can’t sell out our stadium allegedly (heard some ball bag on the radio the other night claim we only get 30,000) but we’ve never been truly allowed to appreciate it.

Certainly amongst ourselves we have rejoiced: QPR, Villa, Leicester, Liverpool, United etc but there’s never been a moment where we’ve not had to suffer the ignominy of a loutish fat tosser down the boozer who so flippantly decries our achievements as being tinged with falsities, arab money, financial tampering, inflated sponsors (words he can’t even spell let alone understand) or; when faced with some facts that he struggles to dispute, barks treble or twenty times in our face like a petulant child, remnants of last night’s dinner still smeared around their mouth, before slinking off with their fellow minions, fortified by the fact that we’re yet to win the champions league.

Dealing with people like this is allegedly part and parcel of the sport, working class ribbing and ‘friendly banter’ to be expected amongst rival fans… except that it’s not, it’s tiresome, absorbing and ultimately annoying to the extent that it has literally sucks the fun out of it all, a bitterness echoing loudly in the streets, on social media, on whatsapp, in the boozers and at work, fully grown men and women focusing their jealously through petty barbs, goading people into responding to try and deflect their own pettiness and insecurities.

I’ve maintained for a long time that there are no truly decent rags and I’d like to think that over the past few days that any lingering doubts people have had to the contrary have been extinguished. Having to listen to people try to explain something to me that they know even less about than I do is tiring enough but when you’re also faced with a bombardment of populist media shills and ex-players, let alone the very organisation that your football has done so much enhance the brand of, then I could be forgiven for giving up and just accepting the inevitable.

But then the final piece of the jigsaw fell into place and all the ‘coincidences’, the collusion and corruption finally jumped right out and smacked me in the face… Qatari investment. All the false sentiments and morality, the things we’d known for so long that were simple mechanisms to try to mask their spite finally shone through. I mean, we should have known it was coming when the media tried to condition the public into believing that it was because of City and Newcastle that clubs like Liverpool and United had no choice but to seek state investment, as though they were forced into it.

Make no mistake the timing of Monday’s announcement, the delay to the Independent Regulator, the two week window it potentially gives the Qatari’s to meet the Glazer’s deadline, displace the Governments dependence on one State’s finances by shifting it another - may sound a tad too conspiratorial but can anyone truly pretend they don’t agree?

If the above goes through, which it most probably will, all the murmurs of human rights violations will disappear, vanish as though they never existed and the truth will present itself because all this has ever been about is no longer being the best… like the most popular child at school suddenly losing his grip on his peers, the only way to try to regain that is through manipulation and lies.

Personally I believe we’ll prove our innocence but on the back of this it’ll instil a whole new level of tribalism and toxicity and so we must never forget the way we’ve been treated. Never pretend that this was okay and never lose sight of the fact that we were there when we were shit! MCFC. x

Yet, City have recently sucked up to LFC.(email, announcement)

As this unfolds, that fact that we’ve done that is more and more insane.

Who at City authorised it?
That was, whether we like it or not, the mature thing to do.

This is about our existence

SILVERLAKE, they are serious dudes, serious audits must have gone done for they to get involved.
This is what I keep coming back to really, and while I'm an idiot nobody on a forum I get the sense this is what at least 2 of the 3 CAS people kept coming back to as well. Some of the smartest, best, most thorough accountants around the world have gone over these accounts time and time and time again: if what you're saying is true and as wilful and as obvious as the emails suggest if read in a certain light then they surely must have found something that supports those claims?

What, I misread that. Why did UEFA need to appeal that sorry?
Leterme made the determination in the investigatory chamber that PSG’s worldwide branding from Quatar was worth 100m euros. The independent assessors put it at
9 m. euros. Quite the difference.
When the judge in charge of the Adjudication Chamber (whose name escapes me at the mo) found out he was reported to be incandescent. Ceferin placated him by appealing to CAS! CAS binned it off pdq, iirc.

A quick thought for dealing with opposing fans. I had a Liverpool fan tell me I should admit some guilt. Of course in the Anglo-American justice system you are innocent until proven guilty. It is idiotic to tell somebody to admit guilt.

I responded with City will have its day in court. He went quiet.

another response that I like as well:

I am confident City's good name will cleared in court.

My point being don't take any grief from opposing fans. Express confidence in public and ignore any bait they send your way. If you become disillusioned come on here and get some support from your fellow fan. We will ride out this storm together as a fanbase.
Maybe mention the fact his beloved club held a trophy parade on the anniversary of Heysel.

Then ask him how he has the audacity to ask a City fan about guilt.

I keep seeing that we were the only club in favour of an independent regulator but can't find anything to confirm that? Anyone have a (credible) link?
Pretty sure it was Kieran Maguire in the Independent. Can’t find it to link, but I haven’t looked very hard.

Maybe mention the fact his beloved club held a trophy parade on the anniversary of Heysel.

Then ask him how he has the audacity to ask a City fan about guilt.
Fair point....I just don't want to play in the mud with those pigs. I consider our fanbase superior to Liverpool, so I prefer to take the high road.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.