PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I don’t think I have anyone blocked, least of all you meeesh my old pal.

If being in touch with reality enough to realise someone (sarcastically) quoting Pep is not libel puts me on the other side of the fence to you, then I’m OK with that.

In general, maybe. On this one you are so far away from reality the reality is a dot.

Watch the full segment. She is responding to Pep. By presuming to quote 19 clubs and what they would say. At what point did pep say the 19 clubs are bankrolling the lawyers putting together the charges against city btw.

The big winners will be the red shirts. They have backed all the horses. I repeat myself from an earlier post. Amongst all the other noise how convenient that the supporters associations of scum and dipperpoool write an open letter asking for the PL to conclude their investigation. One / two weeks later, charges laid.
What better way for the PL to show the gvmt that they don’t need an independent regulator coz they are listening to their stakeholders and taking action.
Some how im off the opposite view in regard to the premier league showing they dont need an independent regulator. I think its shown the premier league needs one. Theyve potentially let this go on under their noses for this long. I also think the government will be we aware of the timing of all this because to me it screams rushed through to stop the regulator. Theyve had 4 years to charges us yet the week the white papers due is the week they decide i dont find that coincidence.

If the stuff that the original poster says is due to come out in the media, the red shirts wouldnt be the big winners because i have no doubt that they are the main instegators who back handers and stuff.

I’m not wrong. She put air quotes around Peps words. That’s a fact. No one else has used that phrase regarding us so there is literally no one else she could be quoting.

It’s not libel, that’s a fact.

She’s being a dick, that’s subjective, but I think most would agree.

It is not the two words he used that she uses that is the issue. It is everything else. And the implication.

I’m no lawyer but even as a layman I can see enough there for Pannick and co to work with.
Funny. I am A lawyer and I can’t see anything useful there. Forget the Appeal, it’s a massive red herring. If this ever sees the inside of a private and confidential arbitration then that is where it will end. Win or bust. This always has and always will be a nuclear event for the loser.
The weight of the charges makes this nigh on impossible for the PL to win without some new piece of evidence that irrefutably proves that we have done what has been alleged.
CAS showed that evidence does not exist or was not presented for at least some of the period covered in this case. The PL lawyers will be paid as much as we will be paying Pannick (funny how there is no mention of those costs). They all get paid irrespective of the result. Bird & Bird have logged 4 years of fees, they are not worried about their reputation. They will simply talk about the risks of litigation when they lose.
If there really was a smoking gun this whole episode would feel remarkably different. In fact the charges and the deal reached by City and the PL would have been announced almost simultaneously as those conversations would have been covered and dealt with behind the scenes. I remain utterly convinced that City will defeat these charges. Could I be Wrong… of course I could. However, I rarely get things wrong (arrogant but true).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.