PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

i think morale has been bumped up after Peps little speach and the two video's on here,the young lawyer one and Prestwhich blue, it will go quite now and re surface a week or two before any hearing, me i dont even think it will see the inside of the hearing room,just my opinion, i think the PL will bottle it

The implied threat of damages will get them twitching ..

So basically UEFA put the time barred in, to make it look like we cheated. But couldn't do anything about it.

There was some question about when the time bar should be applied, iirc. Earlier like UEFA wanted, or later like the club wanted. CAS imposed their own.

Was the time barred stuff serious breaches?

I don't think they were but it's used to still carry on the narrative we were really guilty. It's the same with the fine we got for non cooperation. "Ahh see you were fined you MUST have been guilty!

As the club have said on multiple occasions, they have the evidence required to clear the 'time barred' issues, CAS didn't need them because they were time barred so weren't required to be answered. As an arbitrator they only have a certain amount of resources and time to look at cases, they were never going to waste time going through things we/they didn't need to see to reach a conclusion on those points. It's something that the media have twisted and twisted even though they know the truth.

I'm not sure they can back down now unless they see the evidence, think fuck there's nothing we can prove there and shit it. They may then issue a statement saying, in view of the evidence received the premier league will not be pursuing the case, adding if they'd received this evidence earlier it wouldn't have proceeded this far.
Well according to the media - they ahave had 4 years worth of investigation, so I doubt the PL will back out now.
As others have mentioned already- this smacks of trying to delay the White paper going through parliament.
Surely a truly independent organisation to monitor and govern the premier league is better than what we have at present and will hopefully dissipate the influence the red shirts have over the current set up

New leadership at the EPL - I wonder if the change at the top enabled these charges to proceed after 4 years. I foresee another change of leadership coming (along with a regulator) and this case being withdrawn.

I was thinking i wonder if the pl will withdraw the case.

The more I read and see pl havent got a case. Its abit mind boggling really.

I dont see how the pl could withdraw the case.

Our people are top top professional people I cant see why City wouldnt cooperate with a kangaroo court. Knowing that what ever City presented would end up on other CEOs desks.

Seeing as the rags and the dippers vetted the cl chairman is clear they control him.

Why didnt the pl look deeply into the dippers getting into our computers ? Why did the pl look into 14 yrs of Citys books ?

The whole thing stinks.

Noticed Pep forgot to mention Melchester Rovers in his press conference yesterday as part of the hateful 10. One of the country's premier clubs can't be innocent in all this.

Make no mistake todays presser was a masterclass by Pep. FFP was conceived to prevent asset stripping using leveraged buy-outs. I'm old old enough to remember when Liverpool were owned by RBS. The 'old elite' didn't and don't like competition. They lobbied for rule changes to FFP to prevent challengers. City challenged them and they changed the rules. The European Super League is the latest incarnation of this idea. Protectionism not competition. At United the owners have bled them dry taking billions out. At City the owners have spent their own money investing in the club and in East Manchester. The PL is desperate to stop the second model. This is not about the good stewardship of the game. Pep is a legend. CTID.
Great Moniker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.