PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I thought it was UEFA that "spilled the lot." The details of the PL probe have been pretty much kept under wraps, not least because both parties wanted to keep them confidential. Masters did confirm a probe was under way but I can't remember much else.
A positive way of looking at this is that there is nothing for the PL "to spill" because they have got little or no evidence. It has been speculated that the PL would not be so stupid as to lay 100 plus charges against City with "no evidence." But watching Masters' performace yesterday suggests he may be more stupid than anyone has realised. It has been suggested that he was appointed as a "puppet" for LFC and MUFC...and yesterday he behaved like one. I know who I would back in a shoot-out between Masters and Khaldoon.
The PL announced an investigation into City, then a few weeks ago they announced the 115 FFP related charges.

What I don't get is what happened to the confidentiality Newcastle are being afforded by Masters?

Why isn't the investigation into City & its results being kept confidential until the independent panel have made a judgement?

Last edited:
The PL announced an investigation into City, then a few weeks ago the announced the 115 FFP related charges. What I don't get is what happened to the confidentiality Newcastle are being afforded by Masters?

Why isn't the investigation into City & its results being kept confidential until the independent panel have made a judgement?
Let’s see what happens if charges are brought against Newcastle. You can be sure though that the PL fear the Saudi lawyers. City have always been singled out. The entire process is corrupt. Remember City have not broken any laws just allegedly breached dodgy PL rules. The independent panel is not a legal body just a PL-appointed committee with members chosen by the PL. There is no natural justice here.

Last edited:
Well what do we have here? Now I know Abramovich has nothing to do with Chelsea anymore but surely if there's any truth in this then it's got to be worthy of an investigation by the PL and UEFA:

There is more I cant see how they will not be charged it is alot more solid case for PL then against City
"The accounts published this week take the club's losses over the Premier League's rolling three-year period to £241.9m - they made a profit of £32.5m in 2019-20 followed by a record loss of £153.4m the following year - putting them at risk of breaching the limit of £105m."

The Daily Mail I know but interesting

There is more I cant see how they will not be charged it is alot more solid case for PL then against City
"The accounts published this week take the club's losses over the Premier League's rolling three-year period to £241.9m - they made a profit of £32.5m in 2019-20 followed by a record loss of £153.4m the following year - putting them at risk of breaching the limit of £105m."

The Daily Mail I know but interesting
They can do the covid excuse, for part of that then balance the books by selling a large number of their ridiculously big squad in the next window I think.

And now Tottenham’s managing director has been banned from football for dodgy accounting practices while he was at Juventus. Nothing to suggest he was continuing such behaviour at Tottenham but there should be a full Premier League investigation just in case and they should hand over all their records and correspondence to see if there’s anything to find

The PL announced an investigation into City, then a few weeks ago the announced the 115 FFP related charges. What I don't get is what happened to the confidentiality Newcastle are being afforded by Masters?

And Everton too

Speaking of investigations, has anyone heard what happened about the rats breaking into the Old Toilet and getting the game with the dippers postponed?? Maybe that’s another one of these “secret” investigations…so secret it doesn’t exist?? If that had been any other club…

Well what do we have here? Now I know Abramovich has nothing to do with Chelsea anymore but surely if there's any truth in this then it's got to be worthy of an investigation by the PL and UEFA:

To be fair that story looks like a lot of re-hashed garbage from the Guardian. It doesn't suggest Chelsea have done anything wrong. It is an issue for the Dutch League and Vitesse Arnhem and the Dutch League don't seem bothered. It is the usual distorted bollocks produced by David Conn these days.

Richard Masters had the eyes of a man with serious worries and under severe pressure.

Sadly I don't think this present government has the will or desire to get a grip of the situation with the PL.

Masters - he must feel like he's trying to keep several camps happy; the govt want a regulator; some clubs want one; some clubs don't want one. He can't say he's in favour without annoying someone, and can't say the PL is in favour either for the same reason.

I don't think the govt do either. They'll fear the fallout. Parry was strong on behalf of the EFL, Crouch impressive too. It'll turn into something incredibly thin and ineffective, I expect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.