PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It's not lost on me that after UEFA stiffed is in 2013, within 12 months the heads of UEFA & FIFA were arrested for corruption.

You don't fuck about with Royalty who have the President of America & the PM & head of state of the UK & other world leaders on speed dial.

Football maybe our multi-Billion pound national sport, but big money investment talks. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
Like that.

Same difference. Neither are in Manchester, yet ManUre continue to misappropriate our great City's name whilst trying to kill off the City's only professional football club.
Salford and Trafford are on opposite sides of the Manchester Ship Canal, geography not taken as an option at school I presume!

Martin Lipton has said the ruling could be as early as next year (I assume he means calendar year), not sure whether he has been briefed or not.

Stefan is quoted in the article.

Everton produced 28,000 documents for ONE charge and it took the Premier league six months to come to the conclusion they were culpable , and this was after Everton admitted their FFP issues and were simply trying to plea for a lenient punishment
We have 115 charges , deny every one of them and have the best legal team on the planet , absolutely no chance this is coming to a conclusion in the next five years , unless the Premier league come to a decision stating "beyond reasonable doubt" or simllar to appease the 'istree clubs , then i believe we will be able to challenge their decision making process outside the Premier league's remit , i.e. the law courts.
Imagine if they did relegate us and we won in the law courts the amount of compensation they would have to pay , it would be billions , they might be tough with Everton & Chelsea who have both held their hands up and admitted irregularities ,but will they take the risk of taking on the Saudi Royal Family and calling them liars , can the UK government stand by and lose billions of UK investment over a football issue , there is a far bigger picture here than football.
Saudi ?

Anyone who substantively conflates City and Everton is either thick, dishonest or possibly both. They bear absolutely no relation to each other, save arguably for the severity of the punishment, which can only be founded upon a finding of guilt against City.

Like you say, this is a fishing expedition where the punishment is the charges themselves. What we have been accused of is preposterous and needs to be supported by hard evidence of which there will be none.
That's pretty much the whole of the media and their red top shills.
Still feel comfortable that the 300 million investment tells you everything you need to know.Now if that was suddenly postponed I would definitely be concerned.

It's not lost on me that after UEFA stiffed is in 2013, within 12 months the heads of UEFA & FIFA were arrested for corruption.

You don't fuck about with Royalty who have the President of America & the PM & head of state of the UK & other world leaders on speed dial.

Football maybe our multi-Billion pound national sport, but big money investment talks. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
And on a lesser scale (sadly) after we complained of leaks from the last UEFA stitch up, a certain former LFC employee left his employ there under "mutual" agreement, although he squirmed his way straight into the EFL top post.

Martin Lipton has said the ruling could be as early as next year (I assume he means calendar year), not sure whether he has been briefed or not.

Stefan is quoted in the article.
This needs government intervention quite rapidly.

The idea that 4 football clubs can sue another because its owner has financed losses is, quite frankly, absolutely fucking insane.

The PL is a circus and the clowns are in charge.

As a retired accountant I can with a reasonable degree of certainty understand the amount of detail available to the enquiry and what it would take to basically read all of the documents and accounts.
Are accountants brought in to do virtually forensic audits ?
What I would like is a detailed explanation of the process from a legal point of view. For instance do we have to wait until the "prosecution" compile a final pack before we start our work or are these done in parallel?
Any legal eagles able to help?
I am a 'legal eagle' with experience of non-judicial legal proceedings like these proceedings.

In any well-regulated legal environment rules of procedure normally exist before proceedings begin. These tell the parties what are their rights and obligations at the outset.

Normally, when proceedings begin a clock starts to tick. There will be a timetable for the party alleging misconduct to frame its charges, amend them if necessary,

"I fear our niceness will be our downfall." Speak softly and carry a big stick. People tend to equate being nice to being a mug. Being nice is a life choice, it doesn't necessarily make you an easy target.
Thanks @Centurions - I’m going to stop reading all the crap now. It’s doing my head in. I just hate injustice & I could see us being on the wrong end of PL tricks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.