PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It explains that City’s case and Everton & Forests are different, both in scope and timeline, and the reason for the near term punishments is they are near term exceedances to which the PL teams had agreed. City’s is a historical claim related to past supposed indiscretions that are not only different in scope and scale, but time…as in they pre-date the the PSR under which Everton & Forest are being charged.

In short, it explains the irony that FFP was introduced to STOP CITY (and PSG) from crashing the UEFA Cartel Party, but was unsuccessful and now City ARE part of the Cartel, at least in terms of our record breaking revenues, so these rules will never ensnare us while catching clubs of the same profile as City in the 2006-2010 period of ownership transition and spend to improve!

It is only now, I think, that some City fans are starting to realize just how important the Top 4, the Champions League, and repeatedly getting to the latter stages of it, have been to the Club.

The revenue generated just from going deep is a regular €100M pay day. Then, you get to “inflate” your current Commercial Revenues and generate significantly more due to the global success of the competition.

For example, using numbers pulled from my arse, the sleeve sponsor stops being a €5M sponsor and becomes a €10M sponsor. Your game shirt main sponsor becomes a €50M/yr sponsor instead of a €15M/yr sponsor, and so on…

In short, CL success, combined with PL success, coupled with a high profile manager and a few superstar players, has created a commercial juggernaut that has grown exponentially rather than incrementally, and put us at the zenith of financial sustainability.

From here, we don’t need massive growth to be able to compete for everything, we just need to sustain our level of income from outside sources.

Soon, you may also be able to add an event venue and hotel to that mix, as well as another 5,000 seasoncards!

For most “average” clubs, maintaining PL status keeps them ticking along nicely, and the parachute payments help the yo-yo clubs stay competitive.

However, for the Top 6 or 8 clubs vying for the title, a domestic trophy, or European qualification, the commercial rewards from those things might mean the difference between viability and an FFP/PSR violation! The trick is to try to qualify BEFORE you spend like you already have. This is the problem Chelsea might face and, were the Glazer’s not usurping the concept through debt , United’s CL demise would exacerbate.

I’m not opposed to clubs being run in a conservative manner, but I am opposed to club’s not being allowed to accept significant financial inputs from either owners or outsiders. It’s how British clubs traditionally grew, and is certainly how the current elite teams became who they are!

Brilliant thx for the explanation & the best article the athletic has written.

I suppose they didn’t mention in the CAS case for context no evidence of wrong doing.

The charges against Everton and Forest mark the beginning of the self immolation of the Premier League…… they’ve introduced these profit and sustainability rules just to satisfy the cartel clubs. What will happen is as follows :-

1. League will enforce fines and points deductions for breaching their new rules
2. ⁠Clubs will shit themselves at the sanctions and will cut back on transfer spending and wages.
3. ⁠The best players will stop signing for English clubs and will start to play in other European leagues.
4. ⁠The quality of the league will drop.
5. ⁠TV and sponsors will reduce the money they put in
6. ⁠The league will become second rate as the commercial appeal falls

But at least United and Liverpool will be able to win again…… well done you pair of selfish cunts !!!
This, and not being able to sign under 18 from abroad and missing out, plus not permitting owners that want to invest in their clubs is not a good business model to compete with.

It's hard to say which is more darkly funny for Manchester City fans: that other clubs are finally agreeing with them over Financial Fair Play, or that they are accused of being one of the main beneficiaries of the cartel that they railed against.

Good article but what’s the purpose in the MEN making articles so hard to read with pop ups & the screen moving. I normally refuse to read as they are that bad.

Not sure it's really new news that a date has been set for the hearing. Mike Keegan reported that back in November:

Scum stirring scum - Banned Roan & Cyrano may have blood on their hands before long

“Small” is a term that is routinely deployed pejoratively from supporters of certain clubs in the PL towards others clubs. On that basis the word should be used with great caution and consideration by the Chief Executive of that league, most especially when describing clubs that would be the subject of that description.

If Masters was competent in his job, he would appreciate this.
If there is an antonym to nominative determinism then Masters must be its finest example.

Anyone any idea as to.why the date for the hearing has to be a secret?

No idea, legally.

But can you imagine the level of shit that would be thrown about in the media in the week leading up to it if the date was known?

I'd like to think that's part of the reasoning.
It's far more simple than that.

It will be pay per view as it will bring in millions for the PL.

I agree with what you are say but after seeing the clips on line of the woman mentioning sportswashing I am concerned.

That was truely pathetic, the whole panel was with poorly researched questions almost like they’d decided them after listening to talk sport.
I actually ended up having sympathy for Masters (which will pass) & what a snide **** Parry is.

According to Sly Stone.

City's charges related to a nine-year time frame from 2009. Since 2009, they have won the top flight seven times, but are facing potential relegation and having titles taken away if the case against them is proven

I don't ever remember that being an option.
Relegation, points deduction or fines.

Wouldn't the Rag, Sly, love that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.