PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Just noticed Talksport clipping up Stefan out of context in the bulletin. Set it up like he simply said there can only be one outcome(relegation)... At least they didn't cut the end bit off, where he said 'if the allegations are proven'. They are still terrible though.

Have they started turning the live chat off and comments for the Simon Jordan show or is it just when they know they are doing 'creative reporting'?

Last edited:
I know I panic sometimes as someone said I sounded like a scouser ( bloody cheek )

But in the cold light of day the pl are accusing some seriously power people of being fraudsters. This will have massive fallout around the world if true. I csnt see how the pl think they have the proof to damage these peoples reputations. Even calling a royal prince a fraudster. Its mind boggling

It really does feel like the American owned clubs and that's be honest America likes to think of itself as the top dog. Thought they could force the pl into these charges and get away with it. Like America does when invading other countries to enforce they view. If you dont agree with America we bomb you.

Wasn't the lack of similar limitations affecting the PL, cited as one of the reasons UEFA's time barred evidence would finally be used to sink City?

HOWEVER, City had already submitted a defence response to the time barred accusations, but it was CAS who ruled it was all inadmissible because of time limitations.

This didn't stop they baying knuckle-draggers from claiming we'd got away with the UEFA charges on a time-barred technicality. \0/

1. Yes it was, doesn’t make it true. It has been argued otherwise.

2. Yes. Arguably making one above pretty much irrelevant.

3. Indeed.

All of which to me says it then can not be what you claimed earlier.

I wonder if Stefan and Jordan had a chat off air

As much as people are commenting on Jordan's constant interruption, he was actually quite reserved in comparison to usual. So he either knew he couldn't take Stefan on or he actually accepted and respected him enough to not challenge him.

Funnily enough I've still got TS on as I thought Jordan might spout off afterwards - he didn't. But the "Sports News" update they've just done has taken the bit about us being relegated as the headline - that according to football finance expert Stefan Borson! They then have the clip of him saying it will inevitably end that way, if the charges are proved. There's the clickbait. It's ignored the more critical part where Stefan said he didn't expect the charges to stick.

Absolutely. And it looks like Stefan had thought of that, as I know he's had a bit of stick in the past for talking about what might happen.

To me, he successfully turned around the seriousness of any punishment, to show just how serious the accusations are, how high the bar would be for the PL, and how unlikely they are to be able to prove anything.
And yet... just listened to the "news" and they've clipped his quote so it says something like "this only ends one way - and that's in relegation".

Absolutely shamelessly misrepresenting him.

after seeing the Athletic podcast & now this for the first time in all of our skirmishes with the prem league & UEFA the message has got across that we will be innocent.

I was shocked by Ormstein, Crafton & Wallace saying the case is different & we strenuously deny. That’s never been repeated so strenuously, they are starting to let people know.

Maybe poor Everton vs big bad City so let’s change it….. just in time for Rags & Arsenal.

Unsurprising they’ve clipped his comments in the news headlines so it sounds like we’re being relegated

You musnt argue against the set narrative. Court of public opinion must be adhered to at all times.

Everyone hates us so accept it, revel in it and let’s shove trophy after glorious trophy down their neck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.