PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

We probably didn’t notice back then as the way we consume media is completely different to how we do it now. Not everyone had Sky in the 90s and there wasn’t any rolling 24 hour sports news like they have now, you wanted to read about football you’d have to buy a paper, if you didn’t have any of that it was Match of the day when more often or not we’d always be on last.

You look at what we have now with the explosion of social media platforms, pretty much anyone can set up and start running a page, You Tube channel etc and start pumping out their view of the footballing world. More often than not this is done by rag and dipper supporters. There’s that much content required to fill a platform pretty much any old shite gets published which turns it into a fanzine. You only have to look at Sky sports who employ Melissa Reddy as one of their chief reporters, she came from one of the Liverpool fan channels which shows how amateur Sky are these days.
It is all about driving audience. Negative City stories get huge traffic from the vast fanbases of LFC and MUFC. Apart from a few racist toxic individuals it is a commercial bias which prompts the negative coverage of City.

The Government and Opposition want Masters out. They want as much overseas investment as possible in the UK. They have had his card marked for at least three years.

That's a good point. England with the 'best' league in the world yet the pl are stopping investment and trying to make it a 'poor' league of closed shop for the red tops.

That isnt good for the pl or the country

I wonder what City’s hierarchy would do on a vote on FFP rules and whether to get rid. I’d be thinking they’d want them keeping in place, if you give clubs free rein on spending it unchains Newcastle who will be able to out spend everyone. I’ve no sympathy for any of these teams crying about it now, as a fan base we’ve been saying this for well over a decade but it fell on deaf ears.
What possible financial benefit would voting against it dofor City.?
Investors want advantage not fairness. Our owners have faught to invest for years why would they give a free immediate advantage to others who want to get rewards immediately?

What possible financial benefit would voting against it dofor City.?
Investors want advantage not fairness. Our owners have faught to invest for years why would they give a free immediate advantage to others who want to get rewards immediately?
That’s a fair comment but I believe Khaldoon has integrity and will keep his position. City have always stressed they relish competition and I would be surprised if they did a U-turn on FFP in its current format. They may support a revised fair version though.

That’s a fair comment but I believe Khaldoon has integrity and will keep his position. City have always stressed they relish competition and I would be surprised if they did a U-turn on FFP in its current format. They may support a revised fair version though.

FFP that reflects what an owner can invest with cash in hand rather than what the banks will allow you to lend on a business loan. Also how much debt a club has should be a considering factor, don’t think the rags will go for any of that though.

This is not my idea but I’ve heard it several times over the years. FFP was obviously brought in to stop the old Cartel being overthrown and like Newcastle are now learning investment is very difficult and anti competitive.

To make it fairer, owners should be allowed to invest as much they like up to the value of the highest grossing club in the league, with adjustments for operating expenses (the more a club turns over, the more costs they incur).

So as an example Newcastle last season had a 250m turnover, City 727m. There would need to be a formula but let’s say it means Newcastle (and any other club) could invest without incurring FFP violations. The wage bill would need to be taken into account and perhaps the transfer budget would need to be regulated but the main thing is it would allow clubs to invest and encourage competition without the spectre of failing FFP.

The money generated also helps other clubs as spending on transfers filters down to other clubs, admittedly sometimes the money goes abroad but that’s a consequence we live with currently .

I realise there’s also the UEFA FFP rules to contend with but in any other line of business no problems are insurmountable. In the case of football and the old G14 they’ve made up their own rules to try and keep the Status Quo but something needs to change.

Last edited:
This is not my idea but I’ve heard it several times over the years. FFP was obviously brought in to stop the old Cartel being overthrown and like Newcastle are now learning investment is very difficult and anti competitive.

To make it fairer, owners should be allowed to invest as much they like up to the value of the highest grossing club in the league, with adjustments for operating expenses (the more a club turns over, the more costs they incur).

So as an example Newcastle last season had a 250m turnover, City 727m. There would need to be a formula but let’s say that it means Newcastle (and any other club) could invest without incurring FFP violations. The wage bill would need to be taken into account and perhaps the transfer budget would need to be regulated but the main thing is it would allow clubs to invest and encourage competition without the spectre of failing FFP.

The money generated also helps other clubs as spending on transfers filters down to other clubs(, admittedly sometimes the money goes abroad but that’s a consequence we live with currently .

I realise there’s also the UEFA FFP rules to contend with but in any other line of business no problems are insurmountable. In the case of football and the old G14 they’ve made their own rules up to try and keep the Status Quo but something needs to change.
The lack of spending by PL clubs in the January window was pretty scarey...not for the PL clubs, but for all other clubs down the English pyramid. The lack of cashflow is going to cause issues next year for them, and if, by the looks of it this summer PL spending is also reined back considerably by FFP/P&S, then it's going to be disastrous for the English leagues. longterm planning for X number of players to be lost to other higher up clubs for profit, goes out the window, and cut backs will start having to be made... I think we'll see a wave of clubs going into administration and possibly bankrupt.
The complete bogus premise of Financial Fair Play and it's not fit for purpose (and indeed worded as against a trades description act! - Fair play my arse) implementation for the benefit of the generally US owned cartel clubs and their blinkered hanger-ons fighting for their scraps.... and who will get the blame for the absolute shambles... City...
Blinded by the media and spouted bollox, the fans of clubs facing zero player spending, administration and bankruptcy will roll out the 'what about City' trope, and ignore the instigators of this complete fiasco, The unitid's, the Liverpool's, the Arse and their fellow pig headed trough gougers.

The lack of spending by PL clubs in the January window was pretty scarey...not for the PL clubs, but for all other clubs down the English pyramid. The lack of cashflow is going to cause issues next year for them, and if, by the looks of it this summer PL spending is also reined back considerably by FFP/P&S, then it's going to be disastrous for the English leagues. longterm planning for X number of players to be lost to other higher up clubs for profit, goes out the window, and cut backs will start having to be made... I think we'll see a wave of clubs going into administration and possibly bankrupt.
The complete bogus premise of Financial Fair Play and it's not fit for purpose (and indeed worded as against a trades description act! - Fair play my arse) implementation for the benefit of the generally US owned cartel clubs and their blinkered hanger-ons fighting for their scraps.... and who will get the blame for the absolute shambles... City...
Blinded by the media and spouted bollox, the fans of clubs facing zero player spending, administration and bankruptcy will roll out the 'what about City' trope, and ignore the instigators of this complete fiasco, The unitid's, the Liverpool's, the Arse and their fellow pig headed trough gougers.

I wonder if the analysis has been done to understand where the money goes. It would be an interesting exercise to see for example if we sign Grealish £100m then Villa spend that with £40m on Buendia from Norwich & so on.

It’s simple economics to crave revenue coming in when it’s stagnant.

Correct. I'm Irish and my whole family are blues including my late dad's 4 brothers and their families so it goes down generations.

The dippers and the rags have the vast majority of the Irish following because of one thing, historical success. In the North of Ireland it doesn't matter if you're catholic, protestant or whatever both sides have massive fan bases from both religions. You will see fans from the north flying both tri-colour and union jack at games with the club badge (depending on what side of the community the fan is from)

Pre-internet all we had was the ferry and match of the day which meant united/Liverpool were the team's the majority followed - success/easy travel.

However there are also significant city, arsenal, spurs, Chelsea supporters and clubs all over the island of Ireland.

In terms of the Irish media, nationality means fuck all and I don't like the tone some on here take regarding that. They are parrots for their paymasters and need clicks, the exact same as the British media that we all lambast as exclusively pro-red. The Irish sports media are cunts but it's nothing to do with nationality and everything to do with who pays their wages, same as in England.
Mate, this is a brilliant post. I came on to add the exact same sentiments you wrote in your last paragraph. You put it perfectly, so I'll just repeat it:

"In terms of the Irish media, nationality means fuck all and I don't like the tone some on here take regarding that. They are parrots for their paymasters and need clicks, the exact same as the British media that we all lambast as exclusively pro-red."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.