PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Just sat through hours of budget statements and discussion and what have we all learned?
1- large amounts of debt are harmful to your economy, especially if it costs a lot to service and finance, and it’s advisable to pay off as much as you can as quickly as you can.
2- the best way to grow your economy is investment.
Investment in infrastructure and staff and training to provide a product or service that people want.
Strangling investment strangles growth.
3- the PL seem not to know any of this.
Did they mention anything about having ‘brown’ owners?
I’m convinced it’s racially motivated by some parts of the media.
Just ask Raheem Sterling.
If you’re white you’re alright.
If you’re brown, put em down.

Having read the new PL Handbook re Associated Party Transactions ATPs it's blindingly obvious they are designed to work like this. Eg CIty agree a renewal with Ethihad, say £40m/year for 6 years, the club will have to submit a vast amount of evidence to prove Fair Market Value. Dicky Masters informs Scruffy Jim, Levy, Henry etc. who all tell Masters to knock it down to £25m/year I.e. using the new regulations. Of course Dickie obeys, and informs the independent assessors who are paid by the PL the required outcome. Job done.
The question is this, in future can we get better/bigger deals classed as Arms Length instead of deals classed as APT ? That is Khaldoon's next big challenge after we destroy the 115 charges. It will prove just how much we have grown if we can do it.

Having read the new PL Handbook re Associated Party Transactions ATPs it's blindingly obvious they are designed to work like this. Eg CIty agree a renewal with Ethihad, say £40m/year for 6 years, the club will have to submit a vast amount of evidence to prove Fair Market Value. Dicky Masters informs Scruffy Jim, Levy, Henry etc. who all tell Masters to knock it down to £25m/year I.e. using the new regulations. Of course Dickie obeys, and informs the independent assessors who are paid by the PL the required outcome. Job done.
The question is this, in future can we get better/bigger deals classed as Arms Length instead of deals classed as APT ? That is Khaldoon's next big challenge after we destroy the 115 charges. It will prove just how much we have grown if we can do it.
It will be very difficult to actually do that in practice (hopefully). All deals can be and will be benchmarked against each other. With the number of trophies we have won in recent years we can command top dollar. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if they tried it on initially. It’s an absolute farce. Only the two parties involved in the deal can assess and agree ‘fair value’. It will hinder Newcastle more than most I feel.

It will be very difficult to actually do that in practice (hopefully). All deals can be and will be benchmarked against each other. With the number of trophies we have won in recent years we can command top dollar. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if they tried it on initially. It’s an absolute farce. Only the two parties involved in the deal can assess and agree ‘fair value’. It will hinder Newcastle more than most I feel.
The two parties can in principle agree absolutely anything eg crazy money £100m/year, but the new regs make it absolutely clear, if it's classed as ATP the PL have the final say Yes/No/Reduce it. 12 clubs voted for what is definitely restricting free trade, so can a private members club agree to break commercial law ?.
Once again the winners will be the Lawyers. We need to get non ATP deals imho.

And we need to thrash FC Copenhagen !

Before covid City were reputed to looking for a new shirt sponsor to replace Etihad, although they would remain as stadium sponsors. Covid was reported to knock that back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.