PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I disagree for my part. I followed it with interest at the time and was surprised when it went quiet. I’ve been expecting it since or at least confirmation that City hadn’t decided to follow up on it.

City abstained from the vote on the basis that they couldn’t vote on something they strongly believed was illegal and that their lawyers had advised them not to sign. City advised the PL not to continue. The PL did continue and voted it through with the caveat that the Directors of the clubs could not be privately sued if there was any comeback.

City warned that they were prepared to challenge on that basis. I didn’t think, on balance, that they were bluffing.

My second surprise was only that the date of the hearing had been leaked.

I do however agree that some posters get overly excited or despondent with each bit of new news but you can’t stop that. People in general just want all this to be over and come to BM as a way of avoiding all the biased reporting elsewhere. BM might be an echo chamber but it’s an escape for most.

Personally I don’t care what rivals think (genuinely) I don’t even care if we have broken rules that I believe were unfair in the first place.

City did the right thing to get us where we are. The rules were constructed by our rivals instead of a truly independent body acting in the interests of the game as a whole. City were the only club that voted for Independent governance…not the actions of a club planning to ruin the game but one that wants to be treated equally.

You can't have followed it too closely. City voted against in February. They abstained in 2021 :)

Here's something I've wondered for a while when noting the controversy around our Etihad deal.

Regarding the rags Chevrolet sponsorship, considering the enormity of the deal ($559m) and the fact that there was an internal investigation at Chevrolet as to why their marketing exec literally fiddled the books to hide the deal amount from his bosses (because they thought it was a waste of money - and he was subsequently fired). How come the Premier League to this day has never considered looking into this deal? Especially as it was considered by many external experts as being WAY WAY over market value (considering 'soccer' wasn't huge in the US and Chevrolet weren't, and still aren’t big in the UK).

Also, while Etihad ended up sponsoring the best club on the planet for their money. Chevrolet sponsored the rags through seasons of dross for their $559m.

Last edited:
Here's something I've wondered for a while when noting the controversy around our Etihad deal.

Considering the enormity of the deal ($599m) and the fact that there was an internal investigation at Chevrolet as to why their marketing exec literally fiddled the books to hide the deal amount from his bosses because they thought it was a waste of money (and he was subsequently fired). How come the Premier League to this day has never considered looking into this deal? Especially as it was considered by many external experts as being WAY WAY over valued (considering 'soccer' wasn't huge in the US and Chevrolet weren't, and aren’t still, big in the UK).
I don't think that Chevrolet even sold cars in the UK at that time. Any GM cars sold would be badged as other marques from the group.

As a city fan in Kyiv (Salford born) it's all nonsense. Little Citeh challenged the red order. And that's it. They changed the rules to stop us. Enjoy the ride. Who cares how many fans we have worldwide. We kept the faith through dark times. Everyone's second team once upon a time. We love city. Are city and will always be city. The rags sold their soul when the premier league started. We kept ours. Still have ours. And fundamentally they dislike this. Because we stuck two fingers up to the rag/Liverpool love in and stuck to what we are. City fans. Trust our owners. And if all goes tits up, I will still say I am from Manchester and support city. No apologies needed. Be proud. Be loud. And I wish I was still there.

They managed to try Harold Shipman in 2 months I suspect 6 weeks is plenty for this.

CAS was 3 days.

The big wait is for the judgment anyway.
If I understood the reports right, when we made our submission to CAS, it was obvious within the first hour that UEFA were losing badly.
No reason that there won’t be a repeat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.