PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

And here was I thinking that the game was all about each club with a squad of trained athletes running around a field with the objective of kicking or heading a ball into a netted area and the team who achieved this feat was the winner. Little did I realise that this was just a cover for a bunch of mindless suits who had learnt all about messing it up from someone called Swales who thought he was of almighty knowledge in how to ruin these ideals all from the comfort of his boardroom armchair. His ghost is still with us I think.

Sam Twatterface with an absolute classic tonight before the rags game...

"NO OTHER CLUB GETS SCRUTINISED OR THE HEADLINES LIKE THIS CLUB2

What the actual fuck I thought
Ridiculous, fulham is a big club in all fairness. They got beat tonight by a lower league team but that happens every now and again.

This is just a smear on City. As others have said, the journalist seems to have been asked to pen an article on the eve of the new season, and what better way to generate clicks than slagging off City.

Many speaking anonymously? Great. Who were the ones that were willing to be quoted? Let's see their names if they didn't ask for anonymity. Or is this all just a little bit made up?

So Crafton has talked to a number of PL executives and gained a number of different perspectives on the case. They are worn down by the whole process? My heart bleeds for them. Spare a thought for the Manchester City executives, who have been fighting for justice for ten years.

The collective view he has heard? What does that mean? That he has talked to many PL executives and there is a majority view, or someone has summarised to him what all the other PL executives are thinking.

Really? You have spoken to two of football's leading figures, and one of them remembered what happened to Saracens, five years ago?

Didn't you think to mention to the coach that there is a basic tenet in English law, that someone is innocent until proved guilty?

Oh, so a number of PL executives have told you in confidence that if City are shown to be innocent of cheating, they themselves will consider starting to cheat? How does not cheating become an incentive to cheat? I hope you have reported them to Mr Masters. Pass this information to Nick Harris. He's big on cheating.

That's not what you said earlier. You inferred that some PL executives didn't request anonymity. Come on Adam. You're a journalist. Accuracy is important in your profession.

Good move Adam. The only person you have attributed to an actual quote for your article is someone who admits he doesn't know the rules and laws of English football. You appear to have spoken to many PL executives. Couldn't you have found just one expert on English football? It would have given your piece so much more credibility. Have a word with Talksport. They know one.

You’ve given some right bummings on here over the years but that’s right up there.

Since the Charges were made public (by the Premier League BTW)

We have heard Richard Masters and the Premier Leagues view on numerous occasions, the dates and possible punishments keep getting leaked to the press! (sky sports, talk sport, Daily Mail etc)!

City, have made one brief statement! Won the treble, decided to build a new stand, and won 4 in a row! and The UAE have invested £25 Billion in Uk infastructure!

If the PL were confident of getting a conviction with the evidence they purportedly have to hand then surely they would have swiftly held their investigation and punished the club years ago. Instead it looks like their evidence is built like a flimsy house of cards and they are praying the whole thing doesn't collapse before their very eyes. They have to prove beyond reasonable doubt any or all of the charges they have proffered to the commission. All we have to do it show any evidence that casts doubt on any or all of the charges and I'm quietly confident we can do so.

However, with them bringing the case forward to September they have either found (or god forbid fabricated or manipulated) some more evidence or, as is more than likely, pandered to the red top cartel and their tagnut, sycophant clubs to allow them to sue the club before the statue of limitations prevents them doing so. They are now hoping not only for the club to be ruined on the field but financially ruined as well. A massive gamble on their part which, if it backfires and we are exonerated, will no doubt result in unprecedented and irrepairable financial and reputational damage to the PL and those clubs who tried to sue us. I still think the PL are looking to broker a deal to save face but we have had mire than enough of all their whining, insinuations and allegations that we are determined to clear our name.

So far we've sold one defender who hardly ever played and one attacking player and brought in one attacking player. The transfer window hasn't closed yet, so there may be further comings and goings or there may not. The sums don't look very complicated or significant so far.

1723855420753.png

We have sold 5 players (3 from the academy) for £116m the other 2 cost us £19m and both contributed to us winning the treble!

I think in current times it's fascist/liberal when talking about people telling you what you should and shouldn't read.
I was only joking, in a Rik, Young Ones kinda way, but it begs incredulity to believe that it’s liberals telling people what not to read.

Why on earth read that rag?
It came up on my Apple News because I have given it an idea of the stories that interest me. I don’t go looking for “that rag” (magazine or author), but I just thought I’d share what was posted, as it was extremely long and appeared, at least to me, to fit the same narrative as most things trotted out recently…Guilty until they can prove their innocence, because, well, there’s smoke, so they must have started a fire!

I’m glad you didn’t have to suffer reading it when you noticed I’d said it was from The Athletic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.