PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

What strikes me, though, is that Carragher isn't confining his comments to the period covered by the 115 charges, he's openly suggesting that our current accounts are false;

"So for City to say that they bring in more revenue than some of the biggest clubs in the Premier League or Real Madrid is just a nonsense".

So, regardless of what happens in the case, I'd have hoped that some form of legal response is in train right now. This bastard has been given enough rope.

Ex footballer wakes up from a coma & still thinks it’s the 90s…….

Maybe someone should mention to him on twitter or something, however times did the great klopp fail to get liverpool into the top 4. Let him know the cost implications for that compared to a team like city who did just that every season, tv, prize, commercially. City getting advantage of the very reason 4 clubs are entered into the champs league every season instead of just the champions.
Let him know commercial income is all about brands wanting exposure through the team winning the most watched league, large fan bases will get you so far but teams winning will eclipse that. On the back of that Let him know who are the most watched team is in America and the commercial opportunity that is bringing, instead of comparing sky figures that are always piss poor, if I recall I think even the big games come no where near tv shows like the soaps, strictly and all that.
Let him know liverpool have illegally filing shareholder loans as not part of APT/PSR calculations.
His little brain won't compute, he just thinks liverpool have x amount of fans and multiplies that amout with a pound figure and compares it with city what he thinks the number of fans with have. That is how far his brain will take him.
Scouse horrible ****.
Well put mate, all of the above applies to cunty Carragher. He just doesn't get how our revenues are so big, it's destroying him it really is

im actually amazed sky dont reign him in, like you have said he is basically accusing us of fraud in print, thats at best defamation.
Yes, actually amazing that no one at Sky (in particular) has reined him in, as I’m pretty sure he’s said the same on there. I think it would be different if he’d been a bit cannier by saying something a bit more nebulous about the numbers not subjectively adding up more broadly, but he’s specifically referred to our turnover, compared it with other clubs, and stated that the numbers are (or must be) false, which is pretty definitive, and I’d say therefore far easier to rebut and pin something on from a defamation point of view.

Yes, actually amazing that no one at Sky (in particular) has reined him in, as I’m pretty sure he’s said the same on there. I think it would be different if he’d been a bit cannier by saying something a bit more nebulous about the numbers not subjectively adding up more broadly, but he’s specifically referred to our turnover, compared it with other clubs, and stated that the numbers are (or must be) false, which is pretty definitive, and I’d say therefore far easier to rebut and pin something on from a defamation point of view.
Its almost the dictionary definition of defamation, he should have been sacked for the spitting incident nevermind this and nbc should be twitching as well.

He shot his mouth off when without justification he suggested Kate Abdo messes around behind her partners back.

I don’t know anyone who has got away with what he has, he’s up there with Roger Mellie.

I don't think a December outcome is likely but if it was, being cleared the day before the Derby would be nice.

Spit badmouthing us again to the American audience. Basically calling our accounts fraudulent. According to Sky we don’t have any viewers because people don’t care yet he won’t shut the fuck up the spitting tramp. This interview in a nutshell is every bitter, twisted, jealous red cartel view.

No mention we won the recent case and no mention that we had the biggest audience last year from the states.

On Manchester City's legal case​

GOAL: I wanted to ask about Man City and the 115 charges against them for alleged breaches of Premier League rules. How do you think that gets resolved?
Carragher
: You know what? I'm not sure it ever gets resolved. Because I think in some ways, no matter what happens, if City are found to be proven not guilty, I think most people in the country, certainly fans of rival teams will all believe they have done it - it's just that they've got the best lawyers. So it'll never go away.

And if they are found guilty, City will come out and say, ‘It was persecution from the Premier League - United, Liverpool and Arsenal don't want the new kids in town coming and taking their trophies,’ or, ‘that’s the world we live in.’
I'm just tired and bored of it, if I'm being honest. Some of the things City claim… sometimes I just can't believe… when they claim that they bring in more revenue than anybody else, like Real Madrid, and teams like that, I’m like, ‘behave.”

"If they broke the rules that they signed up for as every other Premier League club did, they should be punished, and punished very, very heavily." - Carragher, on charges against Man City

I know that myself in the media, if I do a newspaper article on Liverpool or Man United, the amount of clicks is going to get compared to City because people aren't as interested in Manchester City. That's not a criticism, that's just a fact. We know that from viewing figures on Sky Sports. If Man United or Liverpool play they go through the roof. If Manchester City, it doesn't move the needle. And again, it's not a criticism, it's just a fact.
We know those things. They’re facts. So for City to say that they bring in more revenue than some of the biggest clubs in the Premier League or Real Madrid is just a nonsense.

But we want it over. We want to be talking about football on the pitch. Manchester City, they’ve got an unbelievable manager, an unbelievable team. We want to get back to judging them as a football team on the pitch, but if they broke the rules that they signed up for as every other Premier League club did, they should be punished, and punished very, very heavily.
The world is very lucky that there wasn't a young girl in the room for him to spit at as this brilliant, most comprehensive breakdown would be half as long.

If we get cleared of the major charges, there are literally millions of people who do not have the emotional tools to cope with it in a healthy way.

Not saying that it's the club's problem of course but the fallout will be huge not only on a corporate scale - there will be meltdowns that cost people jobs and relationships. It's quite scary to think about.

My boss is an Arsenal fan and he makes enough snide comments to me as it is, I dread to think what'll happen when we're cleared.
Get the tarquin **** in front of HR for workplace bullying and that should shut the plastic tarquin **** up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.