Plastic carrier bag cost to double

But then they offer you one of those thin PLASTIC bags to put yer carrots 'n broccoli in.

Good luck with that. In our Asda every, and I mean every, veg and fruit is pre-packed in plastic. Really f..king annoys me. When I go into a supermarket that has fruit or veg loose I always put it in the trolly loose and pack it away at the till. We are very, very lucky around here we have a local market twice a week so can buy it loose.

just think a couple more bins i wont be able to get that gas guzzler on the dive so ill get shut of that and Burnham can drive round without them pesky cars blocking the way

just think a couple more bins i wont be able to get that gas guzzler on the dive so ill get shut of that and Burnham can drive round without them pesky cars blocking the way
Burnham wants a congestion charge......he fucked the roads up to enable this

Tbh, I’d do both. I agree with your point about putting pressure on suppliers, but I haven’t got an issue with a 10p charge. Looking back, even at 5p, it has changed my behaviour - I would get a bag 100% of the time before the charge came in but often now stagger out with bulging pockets and various sundry items stacked against my midriff

Agree completely. It's changed my behavior and I've thrown items into the boot loose recently and carried them into the house. They are an unnecessary convenience and a environmental nuisance

Absolutely pal. Did you see that report on countryfile of all the old landfill sites which were inexplicably put near the coast, and now years later thanks to coastal erosion are ‘weeping’ rubbish from 20, 30 years ago, including plastic bags, are the cliffs on the shoreline, on the beach and into the sea. Seriously grim stuff. For something like that, what China, USA etc do or don’t do is irrelevant. If we cut down our own waste it will make a difference to this little island!

If you go back in history there is a record of man dumping his crap in a hole away from or outside of where he/she lives. The idea of dumping stuff next to th beach is going to haunt us having seen that episode.

i was quite happy eating my fish and chips wrapped up in newspaper in the 60s/70s and they probably tasted better for it,,was it some health and safety bod that had it banned and put us on to plastic trays

The annoying thing is every time the answer is tax the consumer. Plastic bags enable us to take stuff home - ooooo plastic bags are bad for the environment - TAX plastic bags. Diesel cars are good for the environment. Diesel cars are now bad for the environment. We made you buy them now we want to tax you for using them.

Tell you what why not tax at the fucking source? I can't make a car cleaner - I can only follow govt guidelines that tell me they were good. Its all shite its big business vs the little guy - make the little guy pay.

i was quite happy eating my fish and chips wrapped up in newspaper in the 60s/70s and they probably tasted better for it,,was it some health and safety bod that had it banned and put us on to plastic trays

No mate - newspaper sales fell off a cliff - there isn't enough to go round especially with twats like me recycling paper lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.