Platini {merged}

I can see the point that burdening clubs with huge debts is a very bad thing, but this is not happening in City's case. Rather its a breath of fresh air for the league, which was in danger of being a 4 team league in the same way Scotland is a 2 team league.

Platini's plan would restrict the chances of anyone outside that Top 4 ever breaking in to it.

Its typical City that the moment we get serious money, they talk about bringing in a rule expressly to stop us.

what a strange position. Instead of getting "gifts" of money, Platini would prefer teams go into debt? Clearly he is not an economist.

Not to worry there are many ways around such a situation.

What a silly little man.

Since when did Platini seek opinions from Abramovich(a Russian gangster who lost most of his fortune in the credit crunch) and Berlesconi(a corrupt politician). Just mentioning them 2 names in the same sentence smacks of corruption to me. Why has he been talking to them 2 clowns, what the fuck do they know about football. Who gives Abromovich the authority to give a nod and a wink to Platini anyway, he's only Ken Bates with a kalashnikov.

what a bastard roman is. He's finished his spending and now has adopted a youth policy. so he's tryin to curb clubs like us. I hate him to the core. FIFA should do something about the managers he keeps firing.

Platini is pushing this rule because he wants to go back to the time when the likes of Ajax,St ettiene,Anderlecht were big names.The Bundesliga teams for instance are all run within their means nowadays.It's not the rule that's the bad idea it's the way they're going about it,15 years too late for a start.
Platini is a twat though.

lust overlord said:
Platini is pushing this rule because he wants to go back to the time when the likes of Ajax,St ettiene,Anderlecht were big names.The Bundesliga teams for instance are all run within their means nowadays.It's not the rule that's the bad idea it's the way they're going about it,15 years too late for a start.
Platini is a twat though.
In other words, non English clubs?

I'm pretty sure around 99/00, Lazio spent:

£20m on Vieri
£27m on Mendieta
£26m on Crespo
£20m on De la Pena
£15m on Salas

and a small fortune on the likes of Couto, Peruzzi, Conceicao...

Why wait until now to decide that the money in football needs regulating?

rohanthebest said:
what a bastard roman is. He's finished his spending and now has adopted a youth policy. so he's tryin to curb clubs like us. I hate him to the core. FIFA should do something about the managers he keeps firing.

youth policy? It's not working well if that's the case is it....

sam221985 said:
rohanthebest said:

youth policy? It's not working well if that's the case is it....

Was John Terry the last player to come through their youth system and become a 1st team regular?

If so that's shocking!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.