Platini Warns City

cibaman said:
Kippax Street 1880 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I'm no accountant but believe this is where we will end up eventually.

United have explored the Far East flotation, but conditions don't allow them at this time to raise the type of money they need.

There would be nothing to stop Sheikh Mansour floating on the U.A.E market and raising the best part of £600m-£1bn.

An invitational option open to some like-minded friends.

The money raised would be classed as income?

That sounds pretty good, I remember the glazers pottering around the world trying to sell bonds to every man and his dog a couple of years back, if they can do it then I don't see how UEFA could stop us.

THe money raised would be income, for the Sheikh. He'd only do this as a means of selling, not to raise money for the club.

I've always doubted that the Sheikh would be around for more than 10 years. By then the benefits of owning a PL club as a means of raising awareness of Abu Dhabi will decline.

But it makes no sense whatsever for Sheikh Mansour to leave the club in a financial mess. He will want to sell it as a going concern in good financial shape. He'll never recover the money he's invested in the club, but selling it as a successful business is the best way of mitigating his losses.

And the longer the Sheikh stays invested in City, the more permanent become the improvements that have been made to the club. The improvements in infrastructure, the increased fanbase, the improved commercial side will all outlast the Sheikh providing he stays for 2 or 3 more years.

I think he'll end up staying for the very long haul, the money he's spent is nothing to him, and even in the very distant future if he passes away, his kids will have been brought up as fanatical City fans and will only be too happy to take up the mantle.Besides, if we have sustained success for 10 years we will be a very valuable brand, aren't United one of the top 10 brands in the world or something ? There's no limit to how lucrative a football team can become given the worldwide interest in the sport imo.

cibaman said:
Kippax Street 1880 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I'm no accountant but believe this is where we will end up eventually.

United have explored the Far East flotation, but conditions don't allow them at this time to raise the type of money they need.

There would be nothing to stop Sheikh Mansour floating on the U.A.E market and raising the best part of £600m-£1bn.

An invitational option open to some like-minded friends.

The money raised would be classed as income?

That sounds pretty good, I remember the glazers pottering around the world trying to sell bonds to every man and his dog a couple of years back, if they can do it then I don't see how UEFA could stop us.

THe money raised would be income, for the Sheikh. He'd only do this as a means of selling, not to raise money for the club.

I've always doubted that the Sheikh would be around for more than 10 years. By then the benefits of owning a PL club as a means of raising awareness of Abu Dhabi will decline.

But it makes no sense whatsever for Sheikh Mansour to leave the club in a financial mess. He will want to sell it as a going concern in good financial shape. He'll never recover the money he's invested in the club, but selling it as a successful business is the best way of mitigating his losses.

And the longer the Sheikh stays invested in City, the more permanent become the improvements that have been made to the club. The improvements in infrastructure, the increased fanbase, the improved commercial side will all outlast the Sheikh providing he stays for 2 or 3 more years.

Are you on drugs? He's here long term, as in for the rest of his life. Why would he walk away?

Given the way that European economies (particularly those of Spain and Italy ironically) are rapidly heading towards economic meltdown, I firmly believe that within the next couple of years, this idiotic, arrogant, self-interested, disgraceful, jealous, endland hating, corrupt individual called Platini will be down on his bended knees pleading with wealthy individuals such as City's owners to invest in European football to prevent it going in to financial meltdown along with the rest of Europe. What f*****g planet does this moron live on?

IS HE SERIOUSLY GOING TO ACTIVELY DISCOURAGE INWARD INVESTMENT TO FOOTBALL AT A TIME WHEN THE WHOLE EUROZONE REGION IS VERGING ON BANKRUPTCY??

BELIEVE ME, FFP WILL NOT HAPPEN!!

Sergio Aguero's father-in-law knows him

Diego Maradona on the entire nation of France and its greatest football star...

"We all know what the French are like and Platini as a Frenchman thinks he knows it all."

Dont remember Platini worrying about fair play when he f*cked off to Juventus for mega money, and Fiat bailling them out numerous times, Or Madrid having their debts cleared by the major banks, and Barcelona having debts cleared by the catalonian council/government !!!

PSG spending massively beyond their means etc etc

I honestly belive that in the next few years City will not only meet FFP but turn a healthy profit. Unlike many owners, Mansour is so wealthy he is never going to have to sell the club, IF the good Sheik does one day decide to sell up (I don't belive this will happen anytime soon) he's only going to do it if he can recoupe all the money he's spent on the club and make a profit (he's not stupid), and he can only do that if the club is in a healthy financial state.

What if our owners leave?

We're left with a state of the art infrastructure and no debt.

The horror.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.