Play Youth Against Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damocles said:
It's because he knows he's gone so is looking after his record rather than the best interests of Manchester City.

I know you touched on this the other day but I do think if MP stays or goes whoever our manager is needs to have some direction from above on this issue. There will always be an excuse not to play youth.

Outside of being a Derby, what exactly is the importance of this U21 match?

They can't finish any higher than 5th or lower than 8th. United are Champions no matter what.

In fact, moving a few lads up to the first team squad and allowing a few of Wilcox's lads who will be moving up next season to have an early taste of the standard bearers in the U21 division would probably help the development of a few of them too.

But this "developing players" lark is overrated. Much better to spend another £30m so Pellegrini might not have to put any of his reputation on the line by not putting out the mathematically best team possible.

blueparrot said:
moomba said:
McfcMK said:
‏@MCFC
PELLEGRINI ON YOUTH: We will see tomorrow but I don't think they will be involved because they have an important game against United.

Expected

So thats a no then.

Shit excuse.

Some of us have paid good money, for the weekend and not for a exhibition match, with a few young players getting games to please a few on bluemoon when it will do nothing for their development which would be better served playing against the rags.

How very disrespectful of our academy setup, and of every player and coach involved in it. How clued up are you about our EDS?

There is honestly no reason not to play youth. We're player for nothing, they're playing for nothing. If the club are really serious about having so many young players in the first team then they really need to take every chance they get. He is just so stubborn and I don't even know why, losing with youth will might make people more happy than winning with the usual bunch.

I'm pretty sure Manuel just said what everyone didn't want to hear.

The under 21's went 3/4 of the season without Iheanacho surely he could be in the senior squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.