Play Youth Against Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
moomba said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
moomba said:
Maybe meaningless is the wrong word. For me the match is meaningful in that we can start preparations for next season and we can farewell some key players from the last few years.

I hope we win, but on this occasion there are more important things for me.

But surely Hart getting his golden glove is important too? A smaller consolation is we can close down the points gap if chelsea choke again ending 2nd with a fewer points margin.
Can hart not get a golden glove with a few kids on the bench?

He can, but the pro lobby want to see them on the pitch. (some wanting them in their starting line up)

One or two kids off the bench would have been nice, just a shame the derby is tomorrow. Just seen a video of the first team training today it was our regular squad not even nacho man.

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
moomba said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
But surely Hart getting his golden glove is important too? A smaller consolation is we can close down the points gap if chelsea choke again ending 2nd with a fewer points margin.
You said they should be involved. If that means no game time or 5-10 min at the end I don't see it making a big difference. Aim for pre-season or next season to involve them.

Being on the bench is involved. And I don't think giving one or two game time automatically means we will concede or lose.

There will always be a reason not to play a kid. But if you never play on you never find out if they are good enough. We're about to bid £30m+ for a player that probably wouldnt have been given a chance if he came from our academy.

With all the talk of young players being ready for the first team squad, and Vieira being ready to manage a Premier League side, you wouldn't think the EDS are a mid table side

Didsbury Dave said:
None of the young players look anywhere near ready, so for that reason I'd rather play our strongest team. I want to see some sexy football and goals to finish the season as well as we can. Not some skinny kid giving the ball away and breaking moves down. All the kids we've played this year have been miles off the pace. I've no problem if a couple get on the bench or get a run out if we are winning, but I can't say I'm going to demonstrate outside the main entrance if they don't.

What kids?

We played Pozo out of position. He's a little Jovetic type and we stuck him up front in winter against Leicester on his own on a muddy pitch against their plodding physical defenders.

Outside of that, 13 minutes to Emyr Huws and watching Lopes win MOTM against West Ham then have a bad game the next time to be banished forever more, Pellegrini has never played ANY of our kids in his entire reign.

Scott Sinclair has more minutes under Pellegrini than every Academy player put together.

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
With all the talk of young players being ready for the first team squad, and Vieira being ready to manage a Premier League side, you wouldn't think the EDS are a mid table side

28790BED00000578-3074208-image-a-103_1431129080476.jpg

Damocles said:
LadislavMplmx said:
Neville Kneville said:
Tbh, the kids have been looking a bit tired recently & probably play v the rags the day before, so it may not be the best time to throw them in. That would be my only reservation.

I actually despair at some of the comments on here though. I didn't realise just quite how clueless some people are:

Sometimes I think I've read the stupidest post ever, but then incredibly, someone comes along and tops it.

And not only is it clueless, but it is factually ridiculously wrong as well. When Moulden came through, we shortly afterwards had, Lake, Hinchcliffe, Brightwell, Redmond, White, and also people like John Beresford & Darren Beckford playing at a good level elsewhere.

Some of those players would get in this squad now.

And that's all we need. Players for the squad. We don't need these kids to be Aguero, we need them to be able to contribute, so we don't end up having to sign more Javi Garcias or similar. If we get a Silva or Aguero out of it too (which we may well do) then fantastic, but all we really need, is for some of them to come into the squad, & take up the places of some of the backup 'squad' players, which saves us a fucking fortune.

As for playing them out of 'sentimentality' & other such stupid fucking ideas, we wouldn't be playing them as a reward, you fucking idiots, we would be playing them to give them experience, to try & help them realise what they will need to get them to become senior players, to benefit the fucking club.

And these arseholes who only come to City because they paid to see big names; you have no connection to the history of this club. We have always been a club which traditionally loves to see our own players come through & is willing to give them a chance & support them & enjoyed it as well, as much as watching the best 'signed' players.

Fucking plastic gloryhunters.
you seriously think any of the above players above would get in todays squad?

Do you think our Academy is pumping out graduates of that level any more?

Even the "pre-takeover" graduates mainly had decent PL careers. We've got Trippier and Mee over at Burnley, Ireland at Stoke, Barton at QPR, Suarez at Sevilla/Barca, Sturridge at Liverpool, Schmeichel at Leicester, and Micah in Italy.
were at a much higher level now so hopefully not

2878FA5D00000578-3074208-image-a-102_1431129078451.jpg

That's our Captain congratulating probably the most underrated player at our club who I personally feel will be a great player in the future.

moomba said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
moomba said:
You said they should be involved. If that means no game time or 5-10 min at the end I don't see it making a big difference. Aim for pre-season or next season to involve them.

Being on the bench is involved. And I don't think giving one or two game time automatically means we will concede or lose.

There will always be a reason not to play a kid. But if you never play on you never find out if they are good enough. We're about to bid £30m+ for a player that probably wouldnt have been given a chance if he came from our academy.
I agree with that point there - always said we should have involved a few them from the very start especially in the cup games and gradually increased their game time. Something we should aim for next season.

Just seen the squad list to America.

How can Byrne and Glendon not be on that list? They have both been integral parts of a successful EDS side this season?

Celina and Garcia going ahead of these two makes no sense when they can't get ahead of them in the U21's, they must both be gutted.

With Pelegrini coming out with that pathetic excuse about no youth players in the squad on Sunday there doesn't seem to be any reasoning in any of the decisions at youth level.

Baffling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.