Play Youth Against Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corky said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
^Despite the merits of it, Mancini gave debuts to 16 academy players apparently.

And the only reason I see for Byrne and Glendon missing out is because of Ireland and Wales U21 duty (they've both been in the recent squads).

Otherwise it leaves a VERY sour taste in the mouth (particularly with Celina who I consider quite average and who already went to Abu Dhabi) and would go against absolutely every value that the 'holistic' movement has stood for.

The league Cup game at WBA?

I suppose give 14 new players 1 game every season and getting knocked out would be one extreme, or winning it the other.

Don't forget that fullback who played 30 seconds v Juventus on his birthday, and Reece Wabara 1 game.

The poor inclusion of youth has been frustrating for years now, even in 2011/12 I felt we should have seen more game time in the league as we were winning games comfortably at home.

Pellegrini is without doubt worse than Mancini in this regard, and considering it was supposedly one of his selling points it's not good.

One thing that seems to be being overlooked here, is that tomorrow the EDS have their final match of the season, a long one, which has contained many younger age group players U18's, who have recently looked quite tired even according to those who watch them regularly, and their form appears to have dipped to back this up.

So if we were to "play the youth" on Sunday, who do the club use tomorrow, the U15/16's ?? That really isn't going to help their development, especially given who they are playing against.

Tomorrow should be the strongest available EDS team, just like Sunday should be the strongest available first team imho.

cleavers said:
One thing that seems to be being overlooked here, is that tomorrow the EDS have their final match of the season, a long one, which has contained many younger age group players U18's, who have recently looked quite tired even according to those who watch them regularly, and their form appears to have dipped to back this up.

So if we were to "play the youth" on Sunday, who do the club use tomorrow, the U15/16's ?? That really isn't going to help their development, especially given who they are playing against.

Tomorrow should be the strongest available EDS team, just like Sunday should be the strongest available first team imho.
Most of that is true but about 8 of the EDS are going to fly to Canada and play in 2 meaningless friendlies next week.

summerseat blue said:
cleavers said:

Most of that is true but about 8 of the EDS are going to fly to Canada and play in 2 meaningless friendlies next week.
Yes, and that is a club sponsored bit of enjoyment and bonding (a staff holiday if you like).

I thoroughly hope they have a great time playing amongst the first team lads that make it there.

However it doesn't address the point I made, about who should play in tomorrows game ?

I would play the lads who are going to get promoted to the EDS squad from the U18s for next season and give them a taste of what it's going to be like.
I personally wouldn't start any youth players on Sunday but have 3 on the bench.

grim up north said:
mosssideblue said:
moomba said:
Yes. If it's the truth I would rather he said that they werent yet ready. But I would also question how ready you have to be to get a spot on the bench in a meaningless end of season fixture. I think several of our kids are more than ready for this game.

That is probably one reason why there is so much blue on blue in this thread. Some see this as meaningless whilst others (me included) do not.

I'm sure the dippers and spuds will be over the moon if played a team full of kids in an end of season meaningless fixture whilst still fighting to finish 5 th

Who the fuck cares about the dippers and spuds? I care more about developing our youth players than if some other club gets 5th place. You should as well.

cleavers said:

Are you seriously suggesting that we should prioritise a meaningless U21 fixture in front of a Premier League game in terms of development?

Damocles said:
cleavers said:

Are you seriously suggesting that we should prioritise a meaningless U21 fixture in front of a Premier League game in terms of development?
Well you are suggesting we priortise playing U18/19's in a meaningless PL game, and who replaces them in the U21's, U15/16's ? Sorry its a relevant question.

You and me will never agree on this, but my reasoning, is that few if any are actually ready for what will probably be a tough PL game against a team with something to fight for, and I seriously doubt that our U16's are ready for an U21 derby either, you can damage young players by putting them in games they're not ready for.

I'm sorry, have I read that right?

Some people in this thread DON'T think the match against Southampton is a dead rubber?

How? How can anyone say that with a straight face?

We are mathematically assured of 2nd. We have disgraced ourselves throughout the majority of this season. Yaya, Milner and Lampard have made no secret of their desire to leave the club this summer. Others like Jovetic and Dzeko are nearly certain to follow them. I'd give Yaya and Lampard a spot on the bench so he can come on for his farewell late on, the rest can be dropped completely as far as I care.

If you genuinely value James Milner getting a last run out before joining Liverpool for free, or Jovetic sitting on our bench yet again after scoring 5 goals all season before the future of this club then you are mental.

This is the definition of a nothing game, something we aren't blessed with often. It'd be an absolute failure for us if we persist as normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.