Play Youth Against Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
WNRH said:
Just seen the squad list to America.

How can Byrne and Glendon not be on that list? They have both been integral parts of a successful EDS side this season?

Celina and Garcia going ahead of these two makes no sense when they can't get ahead of them in the U21's, they must both be gutted.

With Pelegrini coming out with that pathetic excuse about no youth players in the squad on Sunday there doesn't seem to be any reasoning in any of the decisions at youth level.

Baffling.

Who is going?

WNRH said:
Just seen the squad list to America.

How can Byrne and Glendon not be on that list? They have both been integral parts of a successful EDS side this season?

Celina and Garcia going ahead of these two makes no sense when they can't get ahead of them in the U21's, they must both be gutted.

With Pelegrini coming out with that pathetic excuse about no youth players in the squad on Sunday there doesn't seem to be any reasoning in any of the decisions at youth level.

Baffling.

There could be endless reason they are not going

Damocles said:
PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
With all the talk of young players being ready for the first team squad, and Vieira being ready to manage a Premier League side, you wouldn't think the EDS are a mid table side

28790BED00000578-3074208-image-a-103_1431129080476.jpg

I was aware of that, although I take the 22 game league season as a better measure of the quality of the team than a 6 game competition which the 2 best teams declined to enter . From the EDS games I've been down to see, and watched on streams I can't see how anyone (other than possibly Iheanacho) are any where near ready. And I'm baffled as to why al lot of people seem to think that Vieira is ready to manage the first team.

Damocles said:
Didsbury Dave said:
None of the young players look anywhere near ready, so for that reason I'd rather play our strongest team. I want to see some sexy football and goals to finish the season as well as we can. Not some skinny kid giving the ball away and breaking moves down. All the kids we've played this year have been miles off the pace. I've no problem if a couple get on the bench or get a run out if we are winning, but I can't say I'm going to demonstrate outside the main entrance if they don't.

What kids?

We played Pozo out of position. He's a little Jovetic type and we stuck him up front in winter against Leicester on his own on a muddy pitch against their plodding physical defenders.

Outside of that, 13 minutes to Emyr Huws and watching Lopes win MOTM against West Ham then have a bad game the next time to be banished forever more, Pellegrini has never played ANY of our kids in his entire reign.

Scott Sinclair has more minutes under Pellegrini than every Academy player put together.
Don't recall Mancini playing that many kids either tbh.........

Damocles said:
2878FA5D00000578-3074208-image-a-102_1431129078451.jpg

That's our Captain congratulating probably the most underrated player at our club who I personally feel will be a great player in the future.

Agree, Jack really does fly under the radar. Certainly one to keep an eye on!

Blue warrior said:
Damocles said:

That's our Captain congratulating probably the most underrated player at our club who I personally feel will be a great player in the future.

I'm a big fan of his. Reminds me of Scholes a little and his technique is always spot on.

Damocles said:

I hope so too I do like the kid.

These kids don't have to be all the next Aguero to get into our squad, look at some of the people we have brought in the last four years where we've come 1st,2nd,1st and now again 2nd. Yes it would be amazing, and genuinelly it is a matter of when not if for us to get a truly amazing player but thats not what the academy needs to produce to be successful.

Fernado £12,000,000
Willy £6,000,000
Rodwell £12,000,000
Sinclair £6,000,000
Garica £15,800,000
Savic £6,000,000
Nasri £24,000,000
Navas £14,900,000

Look at the transfer money, and of course wages we could save by bringing through these youngsters to replace/upgrade on this lot. It's not beyond reason to assume that with time, effort and some bravery on our part (the attitude of a select minority on here regarding youth is pretty dire, almost cowardly) we can upgrade on these players who have seen us be the most successful team in England the past four years. But if we are never going to give them an opportunity in any way, not even against Newcastle reserves in the cup, or Middlesborough, or even have them as an option from the bench against the mighty Hull or QPR we're never going to find out. Just a little bit of faith in these kids are all many of us our asking, at least give them a platform in which they might get a chance.

This sadly, for all the good qualities Pellers has, will never happen under him.

Damocles said:
Blue warrior said:
Damocles said:

I'm a big fan of his. Reminds me of Scholes a little and his technique is always spot on.

Pretty sure he said he tries to model his game off him, in fact there have been comparisons made in the past. He has that ability to keep the ball moving, has a lovely pass and like a dig outside the area. Hope he can continue to develop both physically and ability wise.

^Despite the merits of it, Mancini gave debuts to 16 academy players apparently.

And the only reason I see for Byrne and Glendon missing out is because of Ireland and Wales U21 duty (they've both been in the recent squads).

Otherwise it leaves a VERY sour taste in the mouth (particularly with Celina who I consider quite average and who already went to Abu Dhabi) and would go against absolutely every value that the 'holistic' movement has stood for.

mansour's tow ropes said:
^Despite the merits of it, Mancini gave debuts to 16 academy players apparently.

And the only reason I see for Byrne and Glendon missing out is because of Ireland and Wales U21 duty (they've both been in the recent squads).

Otherwise it leaves a VERY sour taste in the mouth (particularly with Celina who I consider quite average and who already went to Abu Dhabi) and would go against absolutely every value that the 'holistic' movement has stood for.

The league Cup game at WBA?

I suppose give 14 new players 1 game every season and getting knocked out would be one extreme, or winning it the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.