Play Youth Against Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it depends on how Arsenal do on Wednesday night. Difference between 2nd and 3rd is £1.2M might not seem a lot in the grand scheme of things but everything counts. Also the importance of finishing 2nd above both Arsenal and the Rags cannot be overlooked on both a Commercial level and also a confidence level for the team.

john@staustell said:
cibaman said:
john@staustell said:
Going back years this same topic has come up in different guises. PLAY THE YOUTH they cry, the future of the club. Never mind that they wont be good enough to make the first team anyway. PLAY THE YOUTH.

Whatever did happen to Ade Mike? I've watched Angelino and if he becomes a first team regular I'll do a Paddy Ashdown with my hat. At left back anyway.

Madness

I'm not an avid watcher of the juniors, but when I've seen them recently they've looked a tad jaded, as if they'll glad when the season ends. When junioirs are promoted it has to be at the right time for them and in the right circumstances. As we saw with Pozo. Are there any juniors that at this moment are at the club, ready to make the step up and in top form?

Denayer is currently our only hope, but one big problem is they dont have to be good enough to 'play in the Premier', but to play at the top European level to get in our team (and Chelsea etc). That Chelsea youth team is bloody good but not many of them will get a future place.
Denayer is our only hope? Get a fucking grip, we have a lot of incredibly talented young players who could easily make the grade and who it's far too early to dismiss.

Will Southampton really bust a gut to get in the Europa League. Dippers and Spuds are in front of them so they would need to beat us and hope those two teams lose.

I am with those who would prefer to see the players who have won us trophies have one last run out before leaving. If Jimmy, Yaya, Nasri and Kolarov all do leave it will be the end of an era.

jamesha said:
Will Southampton really bust a gut to get in the Europa League. Dippers and Spuds are in front of them so they would need to beat us and hope those two teams lose.

I am with those who would prefer to see the players who have won us trophies have one last run out before leaving. If Jimmy, Yaya, Nasri and Kolarov all do leave it will be the end of an era.

Yeah so it's game on and City are no longer a club that can afford to be sentimental.

The best youth players - those closest to being ready for the first team - are on loan and we probably will need to get
a result for second place so it's a no from me. Let those leaving have one last hoorah.

blue underpants said:
NO, I want us to leather Saints, their fans are getting arrogant tossers ''you Northern bastards you eat off the floor'' one of their ditties in the last few seasons, caused a bit of bother outside St Marys that chant last season, some Blues were going ape shit outside
lol

2nd place is secured now. If we don't play the youth this game then they are never going to get a game for us.

RandomJ said:
2nd place is secured now. If we don't play the youth this game then they are never going to get a game for us.
don't be so fucking stupid

the EDS are playing the scum on Saturday, do you think they should drop all the best players and let them roll us over so they can get ten minutes in a meaningless end of season fixture just so you don't get too upset when you're raggy mates say we don't play the youth

Hopefully now a couple of the kids should be at least be in the squad on sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.