Play Youth Against Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
K-Bo said:
Yeah I don't want to come below Arsenal, worst fans in the world and if they finished above us they'd be intolerable.

That said I don't think Pellegrini has much motivation to play youth, basically everyone knows last year will be his final year, so from his perspective why plug imperfect young players at the risk of his win % when he wont be able to see the benefits.

Said it before but I think the problem is when managers come here, even if they have a precedent for bringing youth through as pellegrini does, they don't want to do that anymore, they want to sign a crack and build a galacticos team. Hopefully Guardiola will be different, but dunno.

How do you know:
Pellers wont be here;
Pep will?

Perhaps the issue is that there is a huge burden on the manager to win silverware, given the player resources available and taking a risk with youth may see whichever manager come short of his targets.

Only those who work day in - day out at the club will know when youth is ready. The fact we haven't seen much does seem to tell its own story.

tonea2003 said:
i would start with the same 11, no reason not to,

put a few on the bench to replace those obviously not in any plans, dzeko,jovetic etc and take it from there

first and foremost is to win the game

You are not allowed to be sensible, but at least I'm with you on this.

Play youth? All our best players are on loan, and you see what happens to CFC when they do that.

2nd is important. 1st, 2nd,1st, 2nd. That would be something

Marvin said:
Play youth? All our best players are on loan, and you see what happens to CFC when they do that.

2nd is important. 1st, 2nd,1st, 2nd. That would be something

I agree. Finishing 2nd would seem like the sort of blip that is to be expected. 3rd hints at decline. Or would be portrayed that way by some agents advising their clients on their next move.

City need to guard our reputation as an elite club more so than others, simply because there's still an expectation in some quarters that its only temporary.

Bluekiwi said:
tonea2003 said:

put a few on the bench to replace those obviously not in any plans, dzeko,jovetic etc and take it from there

You are not allowed to be sensible, but at least I'm with you on this.

me too.

Going back years this same topic has come up in different guises. PLAY THE YOUTH they cry, the future of the club. Never mind that they wont be good enough to make the first team anyway. PLAY THE YOUTH.

Whatever did happen to Ade Mike? I've watched Angelino and if he becomes a first team regular I'll do a Paddy Ashdown with my hat. At left back anyway.

Madness

john@staustell said:
Going back years this same topic has come up in different guises. PLAY THE YOUTH they cry, the future of the club. Never mind that they wont be good enough to make the first team anyway. PLAY THE YOUTH.

Whatever did happen to Ade Mike? I've watched Angelino and if he becomes a first team regular I'll do a Paddy Ashdown with my hat. At left back anyway.

Madness

Totally agree regarding Angelino

tonea2003 said:

+1

Surely there is space for one youth team member on the bench, if the game allows it give them 20-30 minutes to show what they can do, give us the fans a glimpse at the future

cleavers said:
sam-caddick said:
No chance in my opinion, they can get a game on the post and pre-season tours.

We cannot afford to give Arsenal second place because psychologically it will be a boost for them going into next season, that fine detail just cannot be allowed to happen.
Correct, but it won't be, we're run by professionals, not idiot fans.
this......its become an obsession to some..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.