Player Abuse / Plastic Fans (Ederson’s deleted Twitter)

Just caught up with this saga and frankly I’m appalled by it! I use social media but certainly don’t rely on it for business or sharing my life with the world, yet I’m still utterly bemused by the attitude of some on there. Sure, by all means share an opinion on a topic but sending abuse directly to another human just seems odd to me, particularly in this case where the person is part of a collective that you supposedly support??! I’m not a week in week out home and away fan but I’ve seen my fair share of City games this past season including the away leg of the Champions League in Madrid and I can honestly say I can’t remember one game where I’ve come away thinking that Eddy had ‘cost us the game’ or ‘points dropped because of him’. Maybe I’m just getting old?

Most likely it’s opposition fans/trolls. Was the same with Karius. Hardly any followers so no real accounts. You can pay random Asians a couple of $100 bucks to create many different SoMe profiles and create a hate-storm. I hope the players know that it is most probably not real City fans that write this stuff.

Most likely it’s opposition fans/trolls. Was the same with Karius. Hardly any followers so no real accounts. You can pay random Asians a couple of $100 bucks to create many different SoMe profiles and create a hate-storm. I hope the players know that it is most probably not real City fans that write this stuff.
How can it be when the same happens on this forum?

Troll farms are a sad state of the world now. Hopefully players realize this type of shit is not real football fans of the teams which they play for.

Trust me, I work within online marketing. You can have hundreds of different ”City supporter” forum profiles as well where you can post automated hate messages within a couple of seconds through all of them.

Trust me, I work within online marketing. You can have hundreds of different ”City supporter” forum profiles as well where you can post automated hate messages within a couple of seconds through all of them.
Yep the troll/bot farms are a thing. There were some claims a few years ago that entities linked to liverpool were behind relentless shitposting about City around the time of CAS etc

I'm sick of the vitriol attacking the match day threads at this point, it's tiresome.

Football is an emotional game, frustrating, joyful and everything in between.

If a player puts in a bad performance you can't say that without twenty folk jumping on your back.

Do I think any player in this squad is inherently shit? Of course not, they're professional footballers who have forgotten more than I'll ever know about the game. However, I can as a fan look at a match, a performance, an instance withing a game and say with a fair degree of common sense when a player has fucked it.

Does that make me less of a fan, calling a spade a spade? No.

Obviously if players are receiving dogs abuse on social media, just nasty things for the sake of it that's different. But Match day threads are filled with emotional football fans all wanting the best for their team and people react differently. At 2-0 down to Villa I'd said we'd fucked it, I'm sure that's a reasonable response, whereas others would have been keeping the faith. I'm no less of a fan nor they a bigger blue because of how the respond to such things.

There are undeniably more people giving off about people even potentially giving off in the match day threads now. It's even more tiresome than they choose to believe it is now.

And just to keep it properly on topic, it'd take a brave person to take shite to Eddie. Hopefully he can discern the fans from the twatter cunts.
Pretty sure I called them bottle jobs in the ground at 2-0 down vs Villa.

We all lose our heads watching City, if you don’t are you really a blue?

Pretty sure I called them bottle jobs in the ground at 2-0 down vs Villa.

We all lose our heads watching City, if you don’t are you really a blue?

No criticising ever, just the monotonous chant and the slavish cult like affirmation even though we have played shit :)

This is a football forum discussing players from our team. Can’t say I’ve seen any abuse but it’s more than reasonable to discuss him, his positives get praised no end. He certainly doesn’t deserve abuse or issues from anyone at all. Maybe hes deleted it to concentrate on his shot stopping ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.