Player Abuse / Plastic Fans (Ederson’s deleted Twitter)

Good reply Pudge.
I think I need to be more specific here and state “it’s the posters who do nothing but slate our players off on the match day thread”.
It’s how a poster articulates that disappointment at any given moment which is so annoying.
Everyone deserves an opinion. If that opinion is backed up by reason then it’s deserved.
The depth of your reply suggests you don’t slate players for the sake of it.
It’s the posters who go on the offence from the start that bug me. Almost as much as the “Happy clappers “ tag.
Success is gleaned from encouragement and Leadership amongst other traits.

I think there's a chasm of difference between 'disappointment' and what is reflected on the player forums, match day forums, and the various other social media outlets where faceless usernames can woman and moan with impunity. You see in this thread, where rather than people sticking up for Ederson, they're defending their right to offer up whatever they deem to be acceptable criticism.

It's worth repeating. This is the greatest City team that has ever walked the earth. If your first thought when you see this thread is to defend your right to moan and criticise, you are absolutely part of the problem. I don't care how right you think you are.

I'm sick of the vitriol attacking the match day threads at this point, it's tiresome.

Football is an emotional game, frustrating, joyful and everything in between.

If a player puts in a bad performance you can't say that without twenty folk jumping on your back.

Do I think any player in this squad is inherently shit? Of course not, they're professional footballers who have forgotten more than I'll ever know about the game. However, I can as a fan look at a match, a performance, an instance withing a game and say with a fair degree of common sense when a player has fucked it.

Does that make me less of a fan, calling a spade a spade? No.

Obviously if players are receiving dogs abuse on social media, just nasty things for the sake of it that's different. But Match day threads are filled with emotional football fans all wanting the best for their team and people react differently. At 2-0 down to Villa I'd said we'd fucked it, I'm sure that's a reasonable response, whereas others would have been keeping the faith. I'm no less of a fan nor they a bigger blue because of how the respond to such things.

There are undeniably more people giving off about people even potentially giving off in the match day threads now. It's even more tiresome than they choose to believe it is now.

And just to keep it properly on topic, it'd take a brave person to take shite to Eddie. Hopefully he can discern the fans from the twatter cunts.
I've said previously that Ederson is my favourite player - cool as fuck that lad. However, if he fucks up then I'm ok with giving a bit of criticism.

Some people take it too far though. I think on the Matchday forum it's not the criticism as such, it's the language used. However, even I'd forgive some of it as it's heat of the moment shite (some do go way, way over the top though) as long as it's not carried over into the individual players threads.

Some players appear to be whipping boys though - Sterling and FFS (.....see what I did there) both get far, far too much abuse from our own fans.

I've veered off subject.

Fucking love Ederson, please leave him alone.

The abuse Claudio Bravo received after replacing Joe Hart was an utter disgrace, and shameful from the fans, if they had issues, give the sh1t to Pep for replacing Hart.

The recent abuse on this board alone for Ederson is shameful, a player from day one whom has been magnificent and played a pivotal role in our success.

As others have said, be careful what you wish.
Totally agree and what they fail to realise is there are only slight difference between Eddy and who they think is the better keeper

Last edited:
Actually shocked to see this thread. I have not for one nano second considered Eddie to be an issue. So surprised that others may have voiced this. Does not compute.

It's all literally just kids jumping on a meme bandwagon. It's no deeper than that. 'Errorson' became a meme, kids think it's funny. Kids being knobheads online, with reactionary takes. it'll never go away, cos that's kids for you.

You've got to be a cretin to abuse anyone online let alone a player who plays for your club.

We have to be careful here though, it happens on here that if someone even suggests that someone has had a bad game then the fanboy legions hit home, going over the top defending a comment based on a performance.

Social media can be toxic I haven't seen anywhere near those levels on here at all.
Fair point, but the opposite is also true. Post here that a player had a good game and the boo boy legions hit home with their infantile (sorry kids) happy clappy jibes and ott rambling. There is very limited room here or social media for reasoned and moderate opinions.

Like I said in a different thread, I am a little concerned about him ever since I noticed the way he reacted after the whistle was blown at the end of the Villa game. He did not seem happy, and then I noticed the same odd mood during the celebrations and in the dressing room videos. Due to past misunderstandings, I will refrain from using certain words. I also find it very strange that he had a convenient “injury” with the national team when was certain to play the next day as Allison would be given a break. Is he okay? All that and now this social media incident are concerning to me
He pulled his hammy in the villa game or did you not notice

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.