Player (and manager) threads

We introduced these last season as we felt it would help stop the forum from getting too cluttered and prevent duplicate threads, which was reasonable enough. However, with hindsight I don't think it's really worked as intended.

We now have a situation whereby everything relating to a player is lumped into one topic. It's a bit prosaic and formulaic, and stifles debate. For instance, in the Toure thread recently (just as an example) we had three concurrent debates lumped together in one thread (his agent's comments about Guardiola, the African Player of the Year issue, and his current form), when they all merited separate discussion.

You also sometimes end up with certain posters using these threads just to slag players off, which can be a bit tedious.

We've decided to try and change things so will trial locking those huge threads (including the media bias thread), and people can just start new, more specific topics as and when appropriate.

I know some people think we keep changing things for the sake of it, but obviously we're not trying to piss people off. We're just constantly trying to find ways to improve the forum, and if it doesn't work then we'll happily reassess it.

Any feedback, as always, welcomed.

Cheers,
Ric

Thanks to RIC - seems a sensible move. Will we in the future get our chance to discuss the blatant conspiracy/agenda/bias against our club or is there a power on the forum even mightier than Ric (FS) that will continue to refuse blues that right

Last edited:
How am i supposed to get my guardiola fix now?! It was the only thread i bothered reading!

Ha, I'm sure there'll be a new Guardiola thread as soon as there's any news or updates. Or feel free to start a new one is there's anything specific about Guardiola you wish to discuss!

Thanks to RIC - seems a sensible move. Will we in the future get our chance to discuss the blatant conspiracy/agenda/bias against our club or is there a power on the forum even mightier than Ric (FS) that will continue to refuse blues that right

If there's a particular bit of media bias that you take exception to then start a thread.

The last thread, like the player ones, had become a bit of a jumbled mess.

You had legitimate grievances, like the Sky Sports panel's ridiculous coverage of the Everton game last Wednesday, lost amongst a sea of more trivial, petty gripes and arguments amongst posters.

Hopefully the new system means the worst examples of bias are given greater exposure.

Ha, I'm sure there'll be a new Guardiola thread as soon as there's any news or updates. Or feel free to start a new one is there's anything specific about Guardiola you wish to discuss!
Not really, i just like reading things pointing to him coming, it helps me get over the fact Pellegrini is still here wasting our squad :-)

Not really, i just like reading things pointing to him coming, it helps me get over the fact Pellegrini is still here wasting our squad :-)

As soon as there's any new info pointing to him coming, I'm certain someone will start a new thread!

If there's a particular bit of media bias that you take exception to then start a thread.

The last thread, like the player ones, had become a bit of a jumbled mess.

You had legitimate grievances, like the Sky Sports panel's ridiculous coverage of the Everton game last Wednesday, lost amongst a sea of more trivial, petty gripes and arguments amongst posters.

Hopefully the new system means the worst examples of bias are given greater exposure.

Ok and thanks. Sorry for the probably unnecessary comment about the one-man crusade in the last bias thread - frustrating as it was commenting on it is not really helpful.

As soon as there's any new info pointing to him coming, I'm certain someone will start a new thread!
I'm not really that fussed, i just needed something to moan about until saturday when i can moan about pellegrini and toure again!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.