Player (and manager) threads

Ok and thanks. Sorry for the probably unnecessary comment about the one-man crusade in the last bias thread - frustrating as it was commenting on it is not really helpful.

No worries mate. I think in the old thread you had people on both sides who just had a default stance, regardless of which example of supposed bias was raised.

Hopefully discussing individual incidents on their merits might be more interesting than the same posters saying "There is an agenda", "No there isn't" etc ad nauseum.

No worries mate. I think in the old thread you had people on both sides who just had a default stance, regardless of which example of supposed bias was raised.

Hopefully discussing individual incidents on their merits might be more interesting than the same posters saying "There is an agenda", "No there isn't" etc ad nauseum.
There is though isn't there. :-)

Just regarding removal of played threads, I know I'm a little controversial and sometimes a ****, but I think it's harder now to discuss the players mate.

Just regarding removal of played threads, I know I'm a little controversial and sometimes a ****, but I think it's harder now to discuss the players mate.

I agree, it's all good when something specific happened like injury, transfer rumour, wonder goal etc. but what about judging a player's general performance?

I agree, it's all good when something specific happened like injury, transfer rumour, wonder goal etc. but what about judging a player's general performance?

That's a fair point. Nothing is set in stone yet, we're just trialling it for now to see how it goes. We're always open to suggestions on how we can improve things.

My original plan was to have separate threads for player performances alone, but the feeling was that it wouldn't really change anything. Those threads would still dominate the forum, and be riddled with personal arguments, vendettas and wums.

My original plan was to have separate threads for player performances alone, but the feeling was that it wouldn't really change anything. Those threads would still dominate the forum, and be riddled with personal arguments, vendettas and wums.
Inevitable in any football forum I suppose, no matter how you try & organize it. But let's see how it works out...

Anything about a player's or manager's performance in a match in their own thread.
Actually better in the post match thread (unless that was what you meant).

Other topics about a player in a new specifically titled thread.
That's the general idea, unless related.

Its certainly improved the forum this week, and its been easier to weed out those who are here just to cause trouble

Its working then :)

Seriously though, my issue with it was that it was far too easy to discuss a player with the player threads, and some people seem to think posting PlayerX is shit, over and over again, is discussion, even when they're out injured, so now we can discuss their match performance in the post match thread where its relevant to what they've actually done.

Actually better in the post match thread (unless that was what you meant).

That's the general idea, unless related.

Its certainly improved the forum this week, and its been easier to weed out those who are here just to cause trouble

But then the post match thread will become too stretched - rather than just a general synopsis of how the match was viewed.
People vent off or praise in the post match thread then get more specific and analytical in the player/manager threads.

Define "cause trouble"; voices or views that just don't agree with certain positions or something more?

In hindsight it was working fine. Anything about a player went in a politely titled thread - Can see some less than complimentary titled threads appearing next time Kolorov or Yaya have a bad game.

I think there will also be a lot more "not sure if already posted" and repetitive type posts and threads.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.