Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

Re: Aleks Kolarov - take a bow

waspish said:
Didn't Zabaleta play 50+ games last season and he was one of our best players this resting players is bollocks

Clichy is an athlete, he can play 3 games a week. Its also why hes a fullback as he has stamina and I've never seen him look visibly tired on the pitch. The likes of silva need a rest here and there, not the clichys and zabs of this world.

Grob said:
waspish said:
Didn't Zabaleta play 50+ games last season and he was one of our best players this resting players is bollocks

Clichy is an athlete, he can play 3 games a week. Its also why hes a fullback as he has stamina and I've never seen him look visibly tired on the pitch. The likes of silva need a rest here and there, not the clichys and zabs of this world.

Agreed,have we had the same defense for more than two games in a row ? It's like he feels he needs to give Kolarov a game now and again to keep him happy. Clichy plays better when he has a run of games. Maureen would never consider changing his best back four.

Pablo1 said:
FantasyIreland said:
Rammy Blue said:
Yeah, but I think Mangala suffered because of knowing that useless twat was outside him.

He did indeed.The sooner we find some Italian mug to give us some cash for him the better.
aww bless, if in doubt get a dig in on Mancini. Good to see your awful judgement isn't restricted to just players..

There are twenty? teams in the Italian league Mr Touchy.

There is nothing wrong with my judgement on this topic.Kolarov isn't a good defender,in fact,he's awful.

Mr HJ said:
We have just had an amazing run of results so it is hard to be too down on anything to do with our great club. However, Kolarov today gave one of the worst fullback performances I have ever witnessed. To be fair I am one who hates this fullback rotation thing we have going. Clichy along with MD has been without doubt the best defender for the last nine or ten games - having had a good regular run of games whilst AK was injured. Perhaps that is the key and we are being harsh on our Serbian hard man? Still today was a watershed for me I have always given him the benefit of the doubt with his left foot crosses and free kicks but surely a defenders first role is to put some actual effort into the craft of defending…He was so poor it seemed to have an effect on the others. Out of position all the time allowing Burnley's front men to drag our centre halves all over the shop, lost every single 50/50 - Anyway we looked collectively tired today, all of the team - but for me that should not excuse straight forward commitment to helping the team. I think AK plays for AK and that will never change. Hope we can look at the merits of keeping someone so they can make funny clips on the website. Back to 3 pts v Sunderland please..
I envy you that you have not seen worse full back performances you were lucky to miss out on frontzeck, Laurent charvet, San kernaghan makeshift and even more recently the likes of Wayne bridge.

Sadly I have seen hundreds of worse performances by fullbacks in games involving City some of our full backs we have had in the past make kolarov look like maldini.

Kolarov a good player he isn't fit yet and he definitely struggled but some of the vitriol on here is just a tad OTT and hyperbolic in its emotional nature.

FantasyIreland said:
Pablo1 said:
FantasyIreland said:
He did indeed.The sooner we find some Italian mug to give us some cash for him the better.
aww bless, if in doubt get a dig in on Mancini. Good to see your awful judgement isn't restricted to just players..

There is nothing wrong with my judgement on this topic.Kolarov isn't a good defender,in fact,he's awful.
But only one who's been linked with him and had him at his previous club(actually that's just a guess on my part) You meant Mancini, it's ok though, hopefully he'll heed your advice and give us 10 million for him because your second line is correct. As a defender he is awful, his plus points have always been going forward and his delivery of the ball. On today's evidence though that part of his game was sadly lacking which basically means playing with 10 men.

EalingBlue2 said:
I envy you that you have not seen worse full back performances you were lucky to miss out on frontzeck, Laurent charvet, San kernaghan makeshift and even more recently the likes of Wayne bridge.

Sadly I have seen hundreds of worse performances by fullbacks in games involving City some of our full backs we have had in the past make kolarov look like maldini.

Kolarov a good player he isn't fit yet and he definitely struggled but some of the vitriol on here is just a tad OTT and hyperbolic in its emotional nature.
Whatever, he was shite today, and there's no getting away from that fact. He plays for his attacking threat, and I would have started him, but it was obvious by half an hour in he wasn't going to be doing much of that, and defensively he was awful, and should have been replaced.

EalingBlue2 said:
Mr HJ said:
We have just had an amazing run of results so it is hard to be too down on anything to do with our great club. However, Kolarov today gave one of the worst fullback performances I have ever witnessed. To be fair I am one who hates this fullback rotation thing we have going. Clichy along with MD has been without doubt the best defender for the last nine or ten games - having had a good regular run of games whilst AK was injured. Perhaps that is the key and we are being harsh on our Serbian hard man? Still today was a watershed for me I have always given him the benefit of the doubt with his left foot crosses and free kicks but surely a defenders first role is to put some actual effort into the craft of defending…He was so poor it seemed to have an effect on the others. Out of position all the time allowing Burnley's front men to drag our centre halves all over the shop, lost every single 50/50 - Anyway we looked collectively tired today, all of the team - but for me that should not excuse straight forward commitment to helping the team. I think AK plays for AK and that will never change. Hope we can look at the merits of keeping someone so they can make funny clips on the website. Back to 3 pts v Sunderland please..

It is great to have opinions, and for the record I don't think we've had a really good left back since Paul Power. For example Phelan was a similar liability to AK as he bombed forward without clear thought. As for the others you mention, none apart from Bridge cost anywhere near as much money as AK or had the potential that he has. Bridge was one of a number of silly signings and we have paid for those mistakes. Back to AK, Yes he maybe injured but I would like to think we have a system in place to check such things - In other words having Clichy fit and on the bench means there is no need to play someone who "isn't yet fit" I base my opinion purely on where we are as a club at this moment in time, with the sheer quality of squad at our disposal. Kolarov was so poor today, I cannot defend him - would love to but his defending is a liability a fact which is oft mentioned by many who follow City both online and at the games. Sitting where I do it is clear to see his positional ability. Sorry if my opinion seems harsh but after all these guys are paid staggering amounts of money to perform. I hope this puts a little more perspective on my earlier comments which were made more out of frustration that we didn't close the gap - nothing more to add...

Pablo1 said:
FantasyIreland said:
Pablo1 said:

But only one who's been linked with him and had him at his previous club(actually that's just a guess on my part) You meant Mancini, it's ok though, hopefully he'll heed your advice and give us 10 million for him because your second line is correct. As a defender he is awful, his plus points have always been going forward and his delivery of the ball. On today's evidence though that part of his game was sadly lacking which basically means playing with 10 men.

Don't go presuming anything,youre wrong,i very quickly got over my Mancini 'issues' when he left,you might want to do similar.
Kolarov has proven he can play in the more laboured surroundings of Serie A,i'm hopeful someone pays over the odds for him to do so again,i really couldn't care less who.

I am not a fan and he was very poor today - full backs in the modern game probably have to be the fittest players on the park , just too casual in his approach to the game and tracking back to position just way too slow causing other players to get dragged out of position - but to be fair it wasn't just AK that wasn't firing on all cylinders - they all need a fucking rocket off pellars after that 2nd half performance !!

cleavers said:
EalingBlue2 said:

Whatever, he was shite today, and there's no getting away from that fact. He plays for his attacking threat, and I would have started him, but it was obvious by half an hour in he wasn't going to be doing much of that, and defensively he was awful, and should have been replaced.

Agreed, I was calling for Clichy to come on for him instead of bringing Sinclair on as Kolarov had gone hiding.

Kolarov was sloppy at the start of the game and gradually got worse

Yes there have been plenty of worse full backs at the club than him but now the bar has been raised a tad from the days of Frontzeck and Charvet, his performance was on par with the shite they served up under less expectation

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.