Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

Re: Aleks Kolarov - take a bow

fatbloke said:
Absolutely disgusting performance today, it was disrespectful and the fucking c**t needs to realise it's the fans who pay his wages and if he wants to have it out with a fan he's more than welcome to pay me a visit. He spent all game concentrating on the fans in the East Stand rather than on the game, acting the fucking hard man glaring at one or two people in the crowd. He's an absolute fucking pussy. It's not the first time and I imagine won't be the last that he wants to argue with the fans. The reason they get on your back is because you're a lazy fucking twat Kolarov, now fuck off from this club because today was as shocking a display as I've ever seen. I don't mind any player lacking ability but to show that lack of commitment and fight is a joke.

Can you sing jingle bells for us?

I've certainly seen better from him
So that's it one bad game and you're out
Better get rid of them all then

He's a very good left back, and there's not many of them about. He had a bad game today, average in the first half and below par in the second, but he's still a very handy player.

I think people overlook how difficult it is to rotate fullbacks; there are many examples of fullback rotation making excellent fullbacks look poor. Just look at how Zaba performed when micah was our regular, nowhere near the level of his last few years. Or how micah then performed when Zaba overtook him as our regular rb, he was a shadow of the player he was under Hughes and mancini. Or more recently, early this season when clichy came in after Kolarov being the usual starter for the past season, he was a donkey too. And Sagna doesn't look the player he was at le arse whenever he comes in to give Zaba a break.

My point is our fullbacks look good when they're more consistently playing, a full back coming back in after a period of being 'backup' or injured often tends to lead to a period of below par performances, then, once they've settled again they prove their class once more. We've seen that countless times over the years as mentioned above.

So whilst I'm sure Kolarov will 'come good' again sooner rather than later, I admit we could do with an upgrade as there are probably a few better left backs out there than him and he's only getting older, but there are more pressing requirements imo like a cm, striker and winger, as well as a centre half if demi leaves. We seem to be assessing our options whatever the case with the links to kurzawa, although Ive not seen much of him at all so I'm not sure if he would be one for the future or could do a job now, but in any case, for the mean time Kolarov possess everything we need in a wing back imo.

today's performance was dire, but IMO clichy's performance at west ham was even worse and look at how he is playing now.

keemcfc said:
He's a very good left back, and there's not many of them about. He had a bad game today, average in the first half and below par in the second, but he's still a very handy player.

I think people overlook how difficult it is to rotate fullbacks; there are many examples of fullback rotation making excellent fullbacks look poor. Just look at how Zaba performed when micah was our regular, nowhere near the level of his last few years. Or how micah then performed when Zaba overtook him as our regular rb, he was a shadow of the player he was under Hughes and mancini. Or more recently, early this season when clichy came in after Kolarov being the usual starter for the past season, he was a donkey too. And Sagna doesn't look the player he was at le arse whenever he comes in to give Zaba a break.

My point is our fullbacks look good when they're more consistently playing, a full back coming back in after a period of being 'backup' or injured often tends to lead to a period of below par performances, then, once they've settled again they prove their class once more. We've seen that countless times over the years as mentioned above.

So whilst I'm sure Kolarov will 'come good' again sooner rather than later, I admit we could do with an upgrade as there are probably a few better left backs out there than him and he's only getting older, but there are more pressing requirements imo like a cm, striker and winger, as well as a centre half if demi leaves. We seem to be assessing our options whatever the case with the links to kurzawa, although Ive not seen much of him at all so I'm not sure if he would be one for the future or could do a job now, but in any case, for the mean time Kolarov possess everything we need in a wing back imo.

Some very good points there. It wasn't too long ago we were all surprised how well Kolarov was playing at the time. Today though he was shocking. Can't wait to see Clichy back for Sunderland.

keemcfc said:

Lost me after 6 words sorry

Neither Clichy, or AK is good enough. If one is picked we lose attacking prowess and with the other defensive strength. We paid a combined fee of £25 million for two left backs who haven't been challenged from within. Good value, but they are both nearing 30, yet another example of good recruitment if you want to be another Arsenal. The bigger problem was the woeful Fernando. No one has come near De Jong in terms of reading danger signs. The second half was embarrassing and all staff involved should should be on notice, not just one player.

That was the worst 'performance' by a City player since HRH Sheikh Mansour bought the club.

It can only get better for Kolarov from now on. I personally would play him v Sunderland to get it out of his system. He'll probably have a MOTM performance and bang a 40 yarder in. If he gets dropped then his confidence is bound to suffer.

VOOMER said:
Neither Clichy, or AK is good enough. If one is picked we lose attacking prowess and with the other defensive strength. We paid a combined fee of £25 million for two left backs who haven't been challenged from within. Good value, but they are both nearing 30, yet another example of good recruitment if you want to be another Arsenal. The bigger problem was the woeful Fernando. No one has come near De Jong in terms of reading danger signs. The second half was embarrassing and all staff involved should should be on notice, not just one player.

Oh so true! The combined qualities of GazBaz and Nige are not too evident in the mix of players who start. We have a fantastic attacking force but even though we have quality defenders our defence looks vulnerable every time we have to defend! But there again, I've thought for sixty years that with every oppo attack we are gonna concede!!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
VOOMER said:

Oh so true! The combined qualities of GazBaz and Nige are not too evident in the mix of players who start. We have a fantastic attacking force but even though we have quality defenders our defence looks vulnerable every time we have to defend! But there again, I've thought for sixty years that with every oppo attack we are gonna concede!!

Fernando was gash yesterday, as bad as Kolorov.

If that midfield is what we have to look forward to in January then it ain't going to be pleasant viewing because a better side would have beaten us yesterday.

The defending of the whole team from front to back was awful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.