Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

Re: Aleks Kolarov - take a bow

In which stadium was one poster on here in when they saw AK storming off down the tunnel after being subbed?

He got subbed put a jacket on and sat doen with his team mates.

It has become apparent the last few games a hate mob has formed at the front of 109 today we witness 4/5 men old enough to know better spending the afternoon just heckling AK gesturing wanker signs and so forth this happened every time he has played and he has started to take the bait as noted in possibly this thread or another where he has been arguing back.

Now i realise this is unproffesional on his part but if you were in work and someone was doing that to you for 90 minutes i am Pretty sure you would have somethig to say as well.

Yes we get cross at players for this that and the other but seriously it becomes something when we have fans who are doing this. We had one man next to us in 111 today someone we never seen there calling navas alsorts and being racist i suppose some people do not know how to behave.

Lack of form can be forgiven, lack of effort cannot.

JOGAMIGMOG said:
His head's not been right for three weeks or so now. Piss poor on Boxing Day, piss poor again for a cameo 10 minutes at the end of the New Year's Day match and again piss poor today. Worst player on the pitch by a COUNTRY MILE. Doesn't help himself by having a pop back at the fans. There's only ever going to be one winner there and it ain't A.K.

As has been said, if he doesn't want to get a grip and sort his head/form out then it's adios Aleks.

Sagna was nearly as bad to be honest.

Didsbury Dave said:
g180aj said:
LoveCity said:
What a shame some of these whinging airbags can't put as much effort into supporting the team as moaning whenever they do something wrong.

With that said, I guess it is the responsibility of a player to hold their temper and not retaliate by against the people 'paying their wages'.

I completely agree with you, sheff wed reminded me today of why I used to love going to city games they just enjoy singing and supporting there team. Our fans over the last 5 years or so seem to have turned into spoilt children, even back to the cup final vs Stoke I had a disagreement about kolarov being slagged off by city fans to which I felt like I was banging my head against a brick wall. We were finally back at Wembley in an FA cup final and all people could do is moan(these people need to have a long hard look at them selves before slagging off other people) Manchester City is not just 11 men on the pitch it's the 45000 of us as the 12th Man in the stadium aswel.

Why do people post stuff like this? Our crowd is miles more supportive and miles less inclined to boo or abuse our own than it used to be.

Back in the 'good old days' when we were a sleeping giant like Wednesday, players were sometimes booed ONTO the pitch, never mind off it. The whole team would be barracked, slow-handclapped, the lot. Many of them were afraid to play at home it was so bad and for a few years our away results were better than home for that reason. In the famous Renaissance all-in-it-together 98-99 season it was so bad the assistant manager did a column about it in the programme, begging for fans to stop.

Kolorov was embarrassingly bad today, but although there were a few moans and groans like there is at every football match on the world, he was still applauded off at the end. That would not have happened a few years ago.
Agree with all of that, remember a game with Edghill were he was abused with almost every touch of the ball, and taken off for his own protection, and yes he was shite that day.

Kolarov can be a good player, I've praised him regularly, but when he isn't (like today) he seems to have a feud going on with various sections of the crowd, people will get hacked off when a player doesn't put in the effort required, such as Wednesdays goal today, when he simply wasn't arsed to try and get back, he could easily have sprinted back to cover for Mangala doing his job, but he barely trotted back into our half. First half today he was awful, he improved after half time, but at the level we are at, the least we can expect is 100% effort, no matter the competition, today he didn't give it.

Not sure if it's been mentioned. It's not the first time kolarov has done this. He stuck 2 fingers up at the fans against norwich last game of the season when we got beat. Fans then booed him all game. Since his return from injury he has no confidence to run with the ball he keeps turning and passing back. He knows himself we was a far better team clichy being there whilst he was injured.

LoveCity said:
oakiecokie said:
LoveCity said:
What a shame some of these whinging airbags can't put as much effort into supporting the team as moaning whenever they do something wrong.

With that said, I guess it is the responsibility of a player to hold their temper and not retaliate against the people 'paying their wages'.

Of course you`d never dream of criticising a player would you.

I criticise players sometimes - once I leave the ground. At the stadium, I go as a supporter and support the team - so no, I never criticise a player once I step through the turnstiles. I'd love to know how it helps a player to hear "You're f*cking sh*t!" as opposed to inspiring support, something our increasingly miserable fanbase is struggling to manage.

I don`t believe you for a moment !! Every fucking supporter of any club has the right to criticise any player who not only plays badly but more so with this player,who barely puts in a shift should be criticising him,irrespective of whether he can hear it or not !!
It does the fuckers no harm to listen to moans.I`m talking about moaning NOT booing and your self righteous image of NEVER complaining inside a stadium makes you a serious contender for a fucking sainthood !!

Ireland_for_pm said:
Not sure if it's been mentioned. It's not the first time kolarov has done this. He stuck 2 fingers up at the fans against norwich last game of the season when we got beat. Fans then booed him all game. Since his return from injury he has no confidence to run with the ball he keeps turning and passing back. He knows himself we was a far better team clichy being there whilst he was injured.

But before his injury he was playing well. Maybe his injury is the cause of his perceived lack of effort.
ie a few yards short. I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.

oakiecokie said:
LoveCity said:
oakiecokie said:
Of course you`d never dream of criticising a player would you.

I criticise players sometimes - once I leave the ground. At the stadium, I go as a supporter and support the team - so no, I never criticise a player once I step through the turnstiles. I'd love to know how it helps a player to hear "You're f*cking sh*t!" as opposed to inspiring support, something our increasingly miserable fanbase is struggling to manage.

I don`t believe you for a moment !! Every fucking supporter of any club has the right to criticise any player who not only plays badly but more so with this player,who barely puts in a shift should be criticising him,irrespective of whether he can hear it or not !!
It does the fuckers no harm to listen to moans.I`m talking about moaning NOT booing and your self righteous image of NEVER complaining inside a stadium makes you a serious contender for a fucking sainthood !!

Really? You think people not moaning at/abusing players is actually a minority thing? Do you sit up on level 3 by any chance? Many of us make an effort to actually support the team and keep the negativity to a minimum. I'll come on here and say so-and-so had a wank game an hour later, but am not interested in doing it in the stadium. Why would I? It does nothing productive, it doesn't help them. Players don't like it, they prefer enthusiastic support... this is common sense. And it's not self-righteous at all, it's common football support across the world! Dortmund are in the relegation zone and fans have given nothing less than 100% support for Klopp and his players. Are their 80,000 fans self-righteous as they support them through the dross they've been serving this season? Did you hear the Wednesday fans at full-time today after their team lost?

As someone said earlier "a lack of form/ability can be forgiven, a lack of effort can not". Kolarov is just a lazy bastard and if anyone wants to argue that fact they just have to watch the previous two games he's played. As for the do gooders saying we shouldn't boo or abuse one of our own, just because he's got a blue shirt on, fuck off. Robinho was one of the most talented players to ever play for us but he was a lazy twat, it's unacceptable to fans however talented you are or think you are. If the players put the effort in, the players will get the crowds 100% backing. You only have to look at the crowd reaction in the FA Cup game against the scum when Vinny was sent off after 10 minutes, 3-0 down and the atmosphere was electric because the players were giving it everything. We got beat and the fans were prouder than anything walking out at the end. That goes right back to the Stoke game when we got relegated into the old Division 2 and way beyond. You only have to look at Shaun Goater, slagged off to fuck when he first signed by everyone (myself included) but he turned his City career around by sheer hard work off the ball and the fans got behind him, his confidence rose, the goals started flowing and he went on to become a legend at this club. The man himself has made comments about changing the fans mentally towards him by chasing lost causes and working his nuts off.

Kolarov will get the same backing from me and every other fan if he puts the effort in, until then he can fuck off and I will continue to give him abuse, just like I do when Yaya is having a lazy day.

LoveCity said:
oakiecokie said:
LoveCity said:

Really? You think people not moaning at/abusing players is actually a minority thing? Do you sit up on level 3 by any chance? Many of us make an effort to actually support the team and keep the negativity to a minimum. I'll come on here and say so-and-so had a wank game an hour later, but am not interested in doing it in the stadium. Why would I? It does nothing productive. Players don't like it, they prefer enthusiastic support. It's not self-righteous at all, it's common football support across the world! Dortmund are in the relegation zone and fans have given nothing less than 100% support for Klopp and his players.

Of course football fans have a right to complain and moan.I pay monies towards their fucking high salaries and clap when they do something wonderful but I also moan if someone doesn`t contribute anything during a game especially someone who shows a complete lack of effort.Yes I do sit in CBL3 so fucking what ??
Over the 50 years I`ve done more singing,chanting etc than most,so as I get older I can`t be arsed chanting away for 90 minutes,so I`ll leave all that to my son, who sits with me, and super supporters like yourself,as I obviously lag behind in enthusiasm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.